Powerpoint dual display question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ajohn, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Ajohn macrumors newbie

May 31, 2003
    Hey, everyone, I have a question about a (possible) Powerpoint capability. I tried searching for a while through the in-program help screens, but they're useless.

Anyway, is it possible to choose a slide from the project screen or whatever it's called (the screen with all the thumbnails) and have that slide display on an external monitor or projector? My video card has dual display capabilities, but does the program? That would be a really helpful feature. Thanks in advance.

2. Ajohn thread starter macrumors newbie

May 31, 2003
  3. Gary King macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2004
    I would like to know as well. Is there a sol'n for this now? (Yes, I know it's an old topic.)
  4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2004
    If you want to display a full screen slide on a second monitor or projector, and have the slideshow controls on your primary monitor, that is quite straightforward. Open your presentation, click Slide Show>Set Up Show>(select show type)>Screen. "Screen" is a button at the bottom of the "Set Up Show" dialogue. It will appear only if you have a second screen connected.

I presume that is what you want since that is what the Windows Powerpoint article was about.
  5. ingenious macrumors 65832

Jan 13, 2004
    Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Try this:

In PowerPoint 2004:

Click the View Menu > Presenter Tools

That's the built-in dual-display capability in PowerPoint of that I know.

edit: I thought you meant dual-display such as that in Song Show Plus or MediaShout.
  6. rswc90 macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2008

7. rskuals macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2010
    New PowerPoint Dual-display problems

When I try to use the new Office 11 PowerPoint, it briefly flashes into the presenter screen and then it inverts to where I am looking at the presentation, and the projector is showing the presenter view. The button to reverse which screen is displayed is only on the projected image which I do not have keyboard access to. I tried the same slideshow, using the same MacBook Pro, and the same projector and MS Office 2008, and it works like a charm. Any ideas? The preferences shows only one screen available to pick from in the set up.:confused: