Powerpoint Favor

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Mar 31, 2007.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I have a favor to ask of anyone with a couple of minutes to spare.

I put together 3 powerpoint presentations for my dad for lectures he will be giving this spring. They're really simple, just one of his drawings per slide, no text, however I want to make sure that the presentations will work on a variety of computers. I did run the compatibility checker, but I have had some issues in the past with presentations that didn't work when I put them on other computers.

Since he will be lecturing at various different places, and we have no way of knowing what computers will be available, I was hoping that a few people with some extra time on their hands might be able to help me out. If you have a Windows-running computer especially (Macs also), and powerpoint, I'd really appreciate if you could download one or all of the presentations, open 'em up and just check that all of the images show up.

Any assistance is most appreciated! :)

Presentation 1 (7 mb)
    Presentation 2 (10 mb)
    Presentation 3 (6 mb)

(all the artwork is copyright Etienne Delessert, all rights reserved)

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

One thing that I learnt from school, is that the computer should have quicktime installed. Otherwise the images will not work. You can avoid this by right clicking the picture, an then saving it as a picture. Don't know if it works in all cases, but it worked for me. Was always quite embarrassing standing in front of an entire class with a nice quicktime logo behind me.
    I didn't check the presentations on my computer, since I have a standard iMac, so i dont think it will make such a difference.

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

They all work fine for me. G4 Powerbook. Unusual, but very interesting and good pictures.

5. OutThere thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

Yeah that's what happened to me once...little quicktime logos everywhere.

I hoped to fix it on these powerpoints by checking the "Compress Graphics" box in the save dialog.

Thanks to everyone who has checked 'em out! :)