Powerpoint image to useful format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaern, Nov 25, 2006.

1. jaern macrumors newbie

I've got a Powerpoint presentation with images in it I'd like to get into iPhoto.

I've tried to just drag and drop, but it doesnt work. If I drag the image out to the desktop, it becomes a "picture clipping". But I cant seem to do anything with this clipping.

Anyone know if the clipping can be converted to any useful image format?

... or if there's any way of getting pictures from Powerpoint into any useful image format?

Thanks

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I usually select the image in PowerPoint, hit Command-C to copy it, open a blank Preview window, hit Command-V to paste the image in, then save it in my desired format.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Do you want just the image? The entire slide? If you want just the image, you should be able to right click and select "save as picture." You can export slides as images with Save As (change the format to JPG or somesuch).

[​IMG]

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Hey, that's even easier...thanks! I knew about saving whole slides as images, but hadn't discovered the right click on an individual image option. I guess it's because I've only done it once or twice...I'm usually more concerned with getting images into my PPTs than getting them out! :D

5. live4ever macrumors 6502a

6. jaern thread starter macrumors newbie

almost feel dumb... off course you could right click and save the pic! Thanks for the tips guys.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Any time. :) If it helps, I think it's a relatively recent feature of Office (i.e. 2004)... I don't remember having seen it before.