Powerpoint Mac to PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bonked, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Bonked macrumors member

I make powerpoint slides at home on my Powerbook. I drag and drop pics from the web into the slides and they work fine. However, when I put the slides on my thumb drive and load them on the PCs at work, all the pics fail to come up and I get this weird error message that I need Quicktime TIFF decompressor or something.

I checked my Mac Powerpoint preferences and I am not compressing graphics. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

about 8 times this has been discussed. but i'll do it again.

instead of dragging and dropping, save the images to your desktop. right click->Save Image to Desktop

then in powerpoint, Insert->Picture->From File
    navigate to your desktop and then select the image. i am unsure of whether this will load the images into the powerpoint file or whether the files need to be there still (in which case, you may want to save the files in the same directory as your ppt file, but i doubt you'll need to)

try it, it'll work.

3. Bonked thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Great, I'll give it a try. Sorry if I missed this fix earlier - I gave the forums a search but didn't see it.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

using that route the files will be in the .ppt and you wont need to have them separately

5. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

good to know, i use Keynote and use my powerbook to present so no need for powerpoint. last time i used it was about 20 months ago and it was on a PC.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Rather than right-clicking and saving from the browser, simply drag them to your desktop and then drag them into PowerPoint. I find this a bit quicker albeit still not a great solution.