Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtalerico

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
I have seen some posts on here on how to do it. I am currently trying to do it but i keep getting a error saying that i need to rename the file (which i did) Or move it (which i did) Remove some slides (whcih i did) Or restart the Mac(i have not yet). My question is, do you guys know the limit of slides? Or is there something else causing my problems?

Thanks!

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i'm not sure i understand what you've been trying. what i've done in the past was export the presentation as a quicktime movie (from the file>>export menu) although some transitions are lost. it doesn't work with music though, so i'm not sure what to do if your presentation has music. anyway, once you have done that just make a new project in iDVD and add the .mov as one of your video files. from then just make and burn like you would any other dvd. if you need music in your presentation just add it in imovie before putting it in idvd. alternatively, you can export all slides as .tif files (so no quality loss) and make a slideshow in idvd. keep in mind that tv's cut out a good portion of the frame so you'll need to keep text/images away from the edge and use fairly big text.

J_Berg

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2004
Seattle
I recently converted a powerpoint to DVD, but did it all manually in DVD studio Pro. It turned out very cool, and I think I will just start there from now on. I used menus instead of slides which allows you to use animated video backgrounds, and DVD transitions between menus. I also have lots of video in the presentation, so going from menu to a video was a snap. At the end of the video, it simply advances to the next menu. The menu then plays until you advance to the next menu which is your next slide. You need a working knowledge of DVD studio Pro, and it takes a bit longer to set up, but it makes for a very dynamic presentation that can be played on any DVD player. I am guessing that if you export quicktime out of powerpoint and burn it to a DVD you lose the ability to advance slides back and forth, and instead have to pause the DVD during playback? With DVDSP you can build a controller to advance back or forward or take you to a menu with the outline of your presentation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.