PowerPoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Feb 2, 2006.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Quick Question.... is there a way I can buy ONLY PowerPoint for Mac? Every place I have looked, you have to buy the whole office suite. I just need powerpoint.

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

As far as I know, this is not possible. Maybe you should look into getting iWork - Keynote is far superior to PP and much cheaper than buying the entire Office suite. If you keep the Keynotes simple, they export to PP pretty well.

3. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Well yea, i agree completely. I work for a church that I am lookign to switch over to Macs and a LOT of the poeple here are very PowerPoint centric when it comes to presentations. So, i was looking for a way to easy them off PP and on Keynote, but it may not be possible. If they arent lookign to make changes to a presentation, i suppose they could export it to a Quicktime movie of Flash file that would play on PC or Mac.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It is pretty expensive, $399, if you are only going to use one part of the suite. As opposed to $79 for iWork.

6. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Why spend all that money when Pages is the same as word and NeoOffice has a speadsheet that acts the same as Excel (for most comon uses).
    No need to by everything.

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i agree if you can get them to use iwork, then go for it. but i know some people think that they have to have microsoft word and stuff. you know, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Media Shout ... ?

9. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Microsoft sells Excel, Word and PowerPoint separately. The only Mac Office app you can't buy on it's own is Entourage. You can buy PowerPoint standalone here (Amazon.com), here (CDW), and here (CompUSA).

10. AtHomeBoy_2000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

$223.99 at COmpUSA?? OUCH!!!

11. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

neo office my friend.. it has a powerpoint like program.. a bit basic but should work out fine for your needs i think..

http://www.neooffice.org/