Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamseanism

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
I'd used my old 6plus PSAJ on my new 6Splus, I couldn't removed them. So tight till i needed a plier and had them slowly removed. RIP to my PSAJ

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
This case is terrible for the 6S. The dust, tight fit, non aligning holes - face it, Power Support dropped the ball on the 6, let's hope for a return to glory with the 7 form factor, but I am retiring my Air Jacket.

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Which version of the case were you guys using?

I've heard nothing but positive reports on the regular (non-force) rubber black version for the 6/6s Plus.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
That definitely helps. Did you buy it from the Power Support website?

I'm trying to figure out why people are coming out with conflicting reports. Maybe some bought from Amazon or Apple Store?
Mine is the version with the cover, Air Jacket a Flip, and comes from a vendor on Amazon. The alignment is slightly off between all smaller holes including those on the fron surface and the speaker as seen here if you click thumbnail for more detail. It's also a very tight fit.

image.jpg

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Mine is the version with the cover, Air Jacket a Flip, and comes from a vendor on Amazon. The alignment is slightly off between all smaller holes including those on the fron surface and the speaker as seen here if you click thumbnail for more detail. It's also a very tight fit.

View attachment 591694

Interesting. I received a rubber black Air Jacket on Friday, direct from Power Support. I have seen multiple reports in this thread of perfect fit and alignment on that version. I'll report back once I receive my 6s Plus.

Maybe your alignment is off because you purchased from Amazon, not direct from Power Support?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for trying and clarifying. I sent an email to Power Support saying I have seen multiple claims of misaligned cutouts. I'll report back if and when I get a reply. Completely mystified as to why there would be differences in the Air Jackets shipped direct from Power Support.

Here's a link to the other thread where I saw someone with misaligned cutouts. Looks like she got the case from Amazon, which would make sense, except whatthedunk said he ordered direct from Power Support.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...reat-clear-cases.1921896/page-2#post-21995063

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh yes, that's mine. My case also arrived with some minor scuffs and scratches but I did not get the impression it had ever been used. The packaging looked undisturbed. The material which comprises the hinge of the cover is starting to show the very beginnings of fraying. It's not going to show on photos yet. I did take it off yesterday because I thought glare from the case was causing the flash photos to look hazy and wanted to test it. But that was not the case, that's just incompetent use of the flash on my part.

However it was such a struggle to get the case off I'm leaving it off for now and using my clear Spigen case.

I don't know how to tell a counterfeit from the real deal and I don't know anything about the Amazon vendor other than the case was supposed to be a same-day shipping deal but could not possibly arrive same day given their distance and indeed took two days to arrive. Their rating on Amazon is good.

I suppose I could have gotten a counterfeit. I guess that's the risk I took not ordering directly from their web site. The Amazon price was close to $10 less and the fast free shipping suckered me in.

In actual day to day use the case has served me very well and sound quality and selfie photography has not been impeded by the misalignment of the holes. I did not notice any problems with trapped dust.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Interesting. I received a rubber black Air Jacket on Friday, direct from Power Support. I have seen multiple reports in this thread of perfect fit and alignment on that version. I'll report back once I receive my 6s Plus.

Maybe your alignment is off because you purchased from Amazon, not direct from Power Support?
Clear air jackets are a very rigid unforgiving unyielding plastic. I have not yet tried to fit my 6Plus into it to see if the fit is any better on it than on my 6 S Plus. I have to return the 6 Plus to At&T so I'm reluctant to try because I nearly have bent my 6Plus numerous times trying to remove it from its Incipio case. I don't really want to have to try and wrestle it out of the air jacket.

EDIT UPDATE: I just took a look at the reviews for the non-covered Air Jacket on the Apple site. Eww. They are not good. Very similar experience to mine in terms of accumulating scuffs, being very difficult to remove. Also people having problems with scratches from grit getting inside the case. I'm not going to put mine back on. I'm putting the Incipio Highland back on. It's loosened up a bit and it's lined. I've got a pink one on order from Amazon.

I like my Spigen cases but I prefer having a folio case for extra screen protection while I work outdoors. I'll use the Spigens for dressing up.

Last edited:

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
After being very dissatisfied with using the Air Jacket on my 6 (debris & scratches after 2 months of use), I opted for the Spigen Thin Fit case. I couldn't be happier with the matte finish and easy installation for only $15. I'm confident that it'll protect my iPhone from scratches instead of causing them. The only big difference is that the Spigen case doesn't cover the front glass at all. That's better for edge swiping but offers no front protection. For that I have the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector.
As a backup, I installed a black back panel sticker from Stickerboy. It makes for a tight fit but I enjoy the color of the translucent smoke case on top of the black panel. It's much closer to what I'd consider to be "Space Grey" color.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Well I tried to take the 6+ Air Jacket off of my 6S+ to clean it. The fit is so damn tight that 2 corners of the case developed stress cracks during the process of removing it.

Yep, Power Support definitely dropped the ball with this one, which is very disappointing. I've never had any issues with their cases until this iteration of the iPhone.

I'll be emailing them with pics included, although it'll probably be weeks before they reply. Pro tip: to get them to respond faster, post your issues on their Facebook page.

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Well I tried to take the 6+ Air Jacket off of my 6S+ to clean it. The fit is so damn tight that 2 corners of the case developed stress cracks during the process of removing it.

Yep, Power Support definitely dropped the ball with this one, which is very disappointing. I've never had any issues with their cases until this iteration of the iPhone.

I'll be emailing them with pics included, although it'll probably be weeks before they reply. Pro tip: to get them to respond faster, post your issues on their Facebook page.

Damn that's disappointing. Which Air Jacket was it? I have an unopened rubber black version waiting for my 6s Plus to arrive.

Also, is there a case similar to the Air Jacket that you could recommend? Loved it on my 6 Plus..

ghrimm

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Hey guys, have you tried removing your rubber black version? Any of the same issues trife is having above?
I have the rubber black version from the Apple store that cracked around the area of the headphone jack when I took it off today. I was able to take it off once before by starting the process at the bottom right corner (speaker side) which I also did the same today but it cracked this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 301

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I have not tried removing my case. It went on fairly easy so I'm hoping it comes off ok. After reading about cases breaking I think I'm going to leave mine on as I don't have a real reason to take it off and I don't want to pay for another if it does break.

Last edited:
Reactions: db0227

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have the rubber black version from the Apple store that cracked around the area of the headphone jack when I took it off today. I was able to take it off once before by starting the process at the bottom right corner (speaker side) which I also did the same today but it cracked this time.

Dang. That's too bad. I read somewhere that the 6s/6s Plus versions sold in the Apple store don't fit as well (lip differences aside) as the versions sold direct from Power Support. Not sure if that's true, but I'm seriously debating returning mine. I just don't have another case in mind that is slim, perfect cutouts, and good grip. Any recommendations?

ghrimm

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Dang. That's too bad. I read somewhere that the 6s/6s Plus versions sold in the Apple store don't fit as well (lip differences aside) as the versions sold direct from Power Support. Not sure if that's true, but I'm seriously debating returning mine. I just don't have another case in mind that is slim, perfect cutouts, and good grip. Any recommendations?
My Veil XT just came in the mail, hence why I removed (and cracked :( ) my Power Support case. The new case seems decent, it'll definitely won't protect it from a fall but I'm liking the feel and look of it. If you want something comparable to the Power Support case, I would check out Ringke's cases on Amazon. I also have the Ringke Slim for my old 6Plus and it fit my 6SPlus with no issues. It was also easier to take off and costs much less than the Power Support.

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
My Veil XT just came in the mail, hence why I removed (and cracked :( ) my Power Support case. The new case seems decent, it'll definitely won't protect it from a fall but I'm liking the feel and look of it. If you want something comparable to the Power Support case, I would check out Ringke's cases on Amazon. I also have the Ringke Slim for my old 6Plus and it fit my 6SPlus with no issues. It was also easier to take off and costs much less than the Power Support.

Cool thanks for the info. I thought about the Rinke slim, but I couldn't' stand having a 1mm lip (similar to the Apple store version of the Air Jacket). Care to elaborate on the feel of the Veil XT? More grip than no case?

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Damn that's disappointing. Which Air Jacket was it? I have an unopened rubber black version waiting for my 6s Plus to arrive.

Also, is there a case similar to the Air Jacket that you could recommend? Loved it on my 6 Plus..

It's the regular clear one direct from their website.

I really can't believe that a company that is known for their preciseness, as PS is, decided to just ignore the increased size of the iPhone. The Air Jacket is already a suuuuper snug fit and was a bear to get off when it fit correctly on the 6/6+. What did they think was going to happen with a bigger phone?

Damn shame because there is literally no other clear case as good as theirs. Any other one I get will feel like a downgrade.

db0227

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
It's the regular clear one direct from their website.

I really can't believe that a company that is known for their preciseness, as PS is, decided to just ignore the increased size of the iPhone. The Air Jacket is already a suuuuper snug fit and was a bear to get off when it fit correctly on the 6/6+. What did they think was going to happen with a bigger phone?

Damn shame because there is literally no other clear case as good as theirs. Any other one I get will feel like a downgrade.

Completely agree with this. Any other matte or rubber black case would feel like a downgrade.

I'm hoping the rubber black version is a bit more flexible than the clear hard plastic, but we'll see. I think I'm still going to give it a shot since I can't find a similar case with precise cutouts, thinness, grip, etc. Rinke Slim is out for me because of the 1mm lip that comes up over the screen, similar to the Air Jacket sold at the Apple store.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
Someone was asking me for pictures . Sorry it took a long time. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946.9 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    747 KB · Views: 345

whathedunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
Completely agree with this. Any other matte or rubber black case would feel like a downgrade.

I'm hoping the rubber black version is a bit more flexible than the clear hard plastic, but we'll see. I think I'm still going to give it a shot since I can't find a similar case with precise cutouts, thinness, grip, etc. Rinke Slim is out for me because of the 1mm lip that comes up over the screen, similar to the Air Jacket sold at the Apple store.

I've taken mine off about three times since I've had it on the phone. Just have to be careful removing it but I don't see any signs of cracking. The finish of the case does seem to be loosing that rubberized feeling and I have noticed some scratches on the back already. I don't put my phone in pockets with other stuff or lay it on rough services so I'm not sure how that developed..

And also my case looks like bako's, covers the speakers slightly and real close to the mic

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Found this thread on Power Support. I ordered for 6s (smoke) directly from their website. Few months ago also ordered for 6 from their website as well.
The cases are perfectly fit. A bit different is the side on 6s is not protruding enough to protect the screen (maybe because of 6s is thicker). The others are perfectly aligned, including 6 speaker holes, mic and charger.
My 6 have been used the case about 6 months and no debris inside the case (which may vary depend on your usage btw).

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
New gradient power support case . Rose gold color . Liking it so far ! Perfect fit !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 319
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    652.2 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: rshroff2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.