Powis or Melkco

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by miniamber, May 14, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Ok now I been looking and searching for an Ipad 2 case. That's not so bulky and leather and doesn't cover the bezel. I really liking both of this cases, has anyone tried them?? This forum really shows alot of different offers.

2. macrumors 6502

I haven't tried either, but looking at the pictures the Powis case is same thickness or greater thickness than the Maroo case. Both cases use a chassis mounted on a leather cover. This approach is inherently thick, though it provides good protection.

The Melkco Slimme case looks genuinely very slim, but they are in Hong Kong, have no US distributor, and therefore it is not easy to get recourse if it turns out to be a case of misleading advertising and you want your money back.

This is why I have Maroo. If there were some user reviews of the Melkco iPad case on the forum, I might consider it.

3. macrumors regular

They appear to have a US distributor now on Amazon. Just search for Melkco slimme. I bought one to see what they are like. They certainly look nice.

4. macrumors 6502

And if you have issues it is best to deal through amazon.

5. macrumors 6502

I only see one in baby pink. I'm not bold enough to buy that one.

Did you see any other colored listings?

6. macrumors regular

Yea.. The one I bought (vintage black). They only listed that they had one. I guess that really is all they had. It shipped today it seems.

7. macrumors regular