Praise for Apple Service

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ForeverUnknown, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ForeverUnknown macrumors regular

Unfortunately the number of threads expressing displeasure are numerous while good deeds go unheard, so I decided to share my experience with Apple.

I made a couple of threads concerning my issues of applications, mainly Finder, randomly crashing on my brand new MBP. I called Apple a couple of times, and while, they tried to walk me through solutions, they were stumped on the phone. After a 3rd call or so, they finally said to send it in and promptly mailed out a shipping box with postage which I received the next day, the 9th. On the same day I received the box, I packed up and called DHL to pick up from my house. Apple received the package the following day, 10th, and on the same day, the MBP was diagnosed, fixed, and shipped back out. Looks like it was an issue with the RAM, so they replaced the module. I just received the package from DHL this morning. From SoCal to Houston, TX and back in lickety split.

Talk about fast service! I have never had any warranty work completed so quickly. I was expecting them to receive the MBP but keep it on a long waiting list. Even the customer service rep said it would most likely take 5-7 business days. I also love that they paid for Next Day delivery both ways. Every company I've dealt with (Canon, Tamron, Intel, and more) I would have to pay for postage to their service center, and they would only ship back with standard delivery.

Kudos Apple. Kudos.

2. ShermDog macrumors regular

Due to a recent hard drive failure, I recently lost all the the music and TV shows I purchased at the iTunes store. I contacted Apple, and they let me re-download everything I ever purchased, even the free songs of the week. I thought this was very good of Apple, considering I lost the media through no fault of their own.

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Why did they ask you to send it to them and not to the local store? How did you told them or convince them to let u mail them for free? The other time I called, they asked me to sent it over to a local store. Any idea if this service is available in the UK? I'm extremely pissed off with my local store repair service. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=268791

4. ForeverUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

They gave me a choice of going to a store which is actually pretty close to my house, about 6 miles, or simply mailing it in. At first I said I'll drive it to the local Apple store myself, and they offered to make an appointment at the Genius Bar for me. Upon checking, all reservations were booked up for the day, so I asked to mail it since I didn't want to deal with trying to make an appointment. They shipped out the box and included postage without my asking. I was surprised they supplied Next Day. I was expecting Ground.

Don't know how Apple in the UK works. Sorry.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Lucky. I'll probably and give Apple a call tomorrow before sending it to the local store again.

6. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

This is good news to hear. Right after buying my macbook c2d, a friend said "condolences on the new computer," saying that Apple has bad customer service. I don't know where he got that from.

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Apparently the Apple Retail in my local area is pretty much what I would call BAD SERVICE! :mad: