Prayer doesn't work. Stop lying to yourself.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chacala_Nayarit, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Prayer is ********

The largest scientific study ever done on prayer recently found that it doesn't work. view more

Elevate humanity to a higher intellectual standard. It's time we started being honest with ourselves about the world around us, with that who knows what we can accomplish.

[​IMG]

2. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Durr, of course prayer doesn't work. It does make people feel better, though, so I think it's pretty much harmless.

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

<Closes eyes & concentrates really hard> Looks at bed. Still empty.

No. Praying definitely doesn't work :D

4. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Those who believe that prayer can be either proven or disproven in a scientific study do not fully understand what prayer is.

5. Chacala_Nayarit thread starter macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

hahahaahahahaha :rolleyes:

Prayer: talking to an imaginary friend or yourself. An act of a brainwashed child.

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    "Dear Lord, please stop El Chupacabra or whatever his name is from posting things that are baseless and ridiculous.

Your most hated human being,
    Onizuka"

7. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

You know what, I was really looking forward to your response to what I just posted in the other thread, but I really don't care anymore. Obviously you are very ignorant and wish to stay that way. Good luck, I say to you. There's no hope in you expanding your mind or being tolerant or kind or anything like that. You'll always bash religion; laugh in the faces of religious people; be rude; make sweeping, insulting, completly unfounded comments; etc.; etc. Good luck with your crusade to show people the evils of religion.

I only ask one thing, though. Please take your insults and rudeness somewhere else. You're entitled to believe what you want to believe, but please stop being rude and insulting at every oportunity. I don't go around insulting your beliefs, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult mine. Thank you.

EDIT:Thank you Onizuka.

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Who's to say it's futile, even if no one's listening.

Talking to yourself and generally having a self-confident, positive outlook can definitely help you recover from illness, just as the opposite can encourage illness.

B

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is not going to get any answers, make profound discoveries, or even create a healthy discussion. Does anyone want to get so worked up about this that they'd say something stupid and then get banned?

I don't think so...

Have a nice day.

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.