Prayers have been answered, warm thanks!! But keep them coming!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chip NoVaMac, May 5, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Pardon my jubilation.

For those that may be aware, my lover and I split up after 13 years recently. It was due to his declining physical health and mental health issues. Never made a formal posting about these woes, but had dropped some hints along the way. The love and support that I received from you all here on MR was very appreciated.

It has been a week since Teddy left to move to Florida, supposedly with one his aunts down there. The quick and dirty is that he was lying to me and his family. He has been living out of his car with our dog Chewey for the last week. And this past week has been filled with pain for me, knowing deep down that he was in trouble. Add to that, my sister lost her dog, Reba, last night due to old age.

Came to find out that his mom did not want him to leave. And offered to let him move in (without Chewey). He did not want to let go of Chewey. We know now that it has been Chewey that has been keeping him going for all these months. That is the back story.

The jubilation is that we have him coming back home staring tomorrow. It will take a few days, but he and Chewey are headed home. No, not to move back in with me, but through his families efforts, he will get the medical attention that he so desperately needs.

His mom and her sister figured out how to get him back home. His mom was just diagnosed with a small heart blockage. They are using his love of his mother, to get him to come back home. Even my sister called his mother tonight, unknown to me, to work on getting him back home.

My part in this intervention is to let him know that I have heard of his return through his mother. To be encouraging about his return, which I am. Also my sister has come further to the rescue by agreeing to take Chewey in to her home, as a playmate for her remaining dog, Barbie.

Just when I thought that God had not heard our prayers, he is delivering in so many ways. His mom will have him back, close to her - to help in his treatment. I will rest easier knowing that he is getting treatment. That Chewey, who has gone through hell in the past week, will be back with his Daddy (me) in a limited way, but his new Mommy (my sister) will love him as much as I have. [FYI, because of debts that I financed to help my ex, I am forced to sell the townhouse and move in to an apartment. I am not bitter about this, hurt - yes. But the new place won't let me take Chewey.]

His mom and I talked and cried for many hours tonight on what faces us both, and for the pain that the last week has given us (he has been living out of his car, not eating well, hasn't showered in the past week, has now gotten bed sores). We realize that this is the hardest thing that we have ever faced. But as I told her, God has given us the strength to get through this so far. And since He has answered our prayers for Teddy's treatment and recovery, He will help us weather this storm.

For those that have offered their prayers to me and my ex-lovers family, thanks - but keep them coming. He is not home yet. That we need first. And when he does get home, we will need prayers for his recovery. And we all need prayers for what we are about to do in order to get him the help he needs (his family is having him involuntarily committed for care). We will need all the strength and comfort that God can provide. And we need God's help and guidance to make sure that Teddy makes it home safely (he already bashed his bumper when he fell asleep at the wheel on the drive down, and had cut off a cop on the road).

Thank you for allowing me to share my pain and joy.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

im glad to hear that things have turned around so far for you Chip, you are facing many difficult hurdles right now, but you are being very strong about this. While i do not pray, i will still keep you and those important in my thoughts to that hopefully i may be of some help. I wish you and those that you love and care about only the best and happiness, hopefully everyone will come out of this situation for the better and healthier too.

keep us informed and never forget that we are here for you

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow. That's a lot of heavy stuff you, your lover and your families have been going through.

I'll be praying that Teddy gets back safely so that he can begin treatment. I don't know what kind of mental health issues he might have, but things like severe depression, schizophrenia and such are sheer hell to live through, for both the sufferer and for his family. Those diseases force good people into self-destructive behaviors, and it's so sad and pathetic to watch it happen to them. On top of whatever physical health issues are involved, it sounds like a hell of a lot to deal with.

I'm really sorry that you have to give up your place for an apartment (and that you won't be able to take Chewey). The fact that you're not resentful about it indicates the kind of character you have. :)

So yeah, I'll pray for all of you, especially Teddy and his mom. I'm glad to hear your families are pulling together for their sake. Family support is unbelievably important in times like this. It sounds like you've got two great families working for you.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Simply AWESOME!

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Faith is a WONDERFUL thing!

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Glad to hear things worked out well, Chip.

All the best,

Gary

7. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Current update is that he is on the road back home as I type. His mom is a bit more distressed this morning, so I spent some time trying to comfort her on the phone this morning.

Man, I will need some great strength this weekend, when the intervention goes down. Not just for Teddy, but now for his mom too.

So that you all don't start to worry about me, I have started the ball rolling to get my safety net in place.

Again thanks from all of us for your thoughts and prayers.

8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i know i haven't been around a whole lot recently, but will definitely keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers...

:D

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I can't think of much more than the usual clichés to help or encourage you.

You know what you're doing.

Good luck.

10. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks pseudobrit. I know what you mean, sometimes it is hard to comfort those in distress, because of not wanting to sound like a Hallmark card.

One strength when time gets tough for me is this ever popular story:

I know as of right now, there is only one set of footprints. I can only hope, pray, and believe that He has the strength to carry me through this rough patch in life yet again.

Some may wonder why I have chosen to share such a dark and sorry tale of my life with you all on MR. One, I consider many of you good people, and we have shared laughs, joys, and sorrows. Two, since some have shared their tales of woe here, I hope that in the future that some MR folks may find some strength through my strength of dealing with all this.

Yes, I have been through a lot of late. But just as we find all to easy to complain instead of complement, I may have forgotten the good things in life. I still have a roof over my head (actually two with my lease signing this past Sunday), food on my table (actually more than I could hope for, since my sister is worried about my not eating right - every week she comes with a care package), clothes on my back, and a job to make it all happen.

The other positive is that my relationship with my sister is stronger than ever now. Teddy's mom has told me that she considers me her son, a 'son" that she is proud to have. Though I have to sell the house, this will provide for me in the future with the six month cushion that the experts say everyone should have. I may be priced out of the housing market in DC, I will have the money to buy a house where housing costs are better (if I can make that leap of faith to leave the DC area).

That my "baby", Chewey, is coming home to his "Daddy". And that his new "Mommy" (my sister) is a loving person when it comes to her pets. And that he will be her, will only bring my sister and I closer together (though with gas prices and 60 mile round trip to her house, I may have to get a hybrid :D ).

Some may question my continuing talk of Chewey. But for me, he is the closest to a child that I will have. Teddy and I got him as a pup. Through all this, he is the reason that Teddy's mom and I think that Teddy is still alive today. But in the end Chewey is an innocent in all this.

I have been told that Chewey has not been eating right since he and Teddy hit the road. And Chewey is now all matted (he is a flat coated Lab/Chow mix). I will be taking Chewey in to my home for a week or two to get him back to his old self. He has a very nice two pound steak waiting in the freezer for him, when he comes back home to "Daddy" :) . And he may hate it, but he will get the grooming of his life. But for what he has done for Teddy, Chewey will end up be one spoiled dog :) ! For I owe Chewey more than I can tell. I have found out that God's angles comes in many shapes and forms.

11. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Update

Teddy arrived on Saturday morning back at his mom's place. After his parents (surprising that his dad got involved - due to their estrangement) convinced Teddy to commit himself for medical treat this morning. He called me with the news.

Chewey is back home with me for the mean time. He seems a little shook up, but seems to be getting back to his usual self.

12. iGary Guest

iGary

13. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

14. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Sounds like things are looking up now, best wishes and goodluck.
    *HUG*

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh-I hope things keep getting better for you. I've been through a similar situation. It's no fun, but it does get better eventually. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Best wishes Chip, your friend, and Chewey. I pray that your fiend will get the medical attention that he needs. That is very positive that he is asking and has accepted help. Hopefully Chewey will adjust as well, pets seem to be very resilient. They are family. Be sure to take care of yourself also Chip. ;)

17. angelneo macrumors 68000

Your predicament makes my problems seem so small, thanks for sharing. I really hope that everything works out for you, and we are always here for you.