Pre 10.1 screenshot sites

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SilvorX, Sep 1, 2002.

1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

does anyone know where i can find screens of osx (pre 10.1) (as in osx beta - b4 10.1), i never really got a chance to see osx looked like much till 10.1 was released..
    thanx

2. bidge macrumors 6502

If you really want I can install it and take pictures of the stuff that you want. It was rather slow. Only problem is that nothing will work with it. Office etc. as you have to have 10.1 or later.

rbijl@mac.com if you want me to.

3. balliet macrumors member

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i never got to see 10.0 either.

bidge, could you post some screenshots here? it'd be interesting to see... :D

5. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Not that much of a difference, just some minor cosmetic changes!!!

I miss the battery in the dock icon!! That was pretty neat!!

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

huh, 10.0 had a battery icon in the dock? come on bidge, i gotta see this!!:D

7. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

10.0 looked exactly the same as 10.1, it was just a little bit slower and a little bit less stable. the only huge cosmetic change was that in column view, folders did not have the gray arrow to the right of them, so if something had a custom icon, you could not tell if it was a folder or just a doc/app. it also lacked the ability to position the dock on screen or select the scale effect, but tinkertool made all of this possible anyway. all in all, 10.0 did not look much different at all. i'd be interested to see some public beta shots, as i believe the apple menu was in the middle of the menu bar and it had that nifty looking music player with the coolest icon i've ever seen.