Pre Order the iTrip or wait....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Kwyjibo, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I really like the idea/form factor of the itrip http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/index.html#. I want to prerder one but i'm not sure if I should because it seems like griffin has a hard time keeping release dates. So what shoudl i do? Order now or wait until they are shipping? Opinions/Thoughts

2. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

wow

This unit looks pretty cool, I just wonder how much battery time you will lose using it. My battery life isn't great on my iPod, but it's not horrible. This is just the ticket for my car.

I have the Powermate, and I absolutely love it. Griffin makes some awesome devices, and they are all high quality.

-Pete

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

All I want to see is how it rotates out of the way for charging. They claim it does, and I believe them, not only because Griffin is a good company, but because I have the PowerMate, and I know they will not make products incompatible with each other. Other than that, I'm sold!

4. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

It looks like you gotta unplug it, and then swivel, but then it wont transmit, as it doesnt have any more power. I think it would have been better if they simply added a firewire receptical that basically relays the firewire signal, allowing it to be plugged in without interrupting the FM transmiting.

5. MazerRackham macrumors newbie

I'm dying for an iTrip as well... I have a Powermate and I also love it, and hopefully the iTrip will be another good product from Griffin...

6. unc32 macrumors regular

wow, that actually looks very useful. Much better than the cassette adapter I currently use.

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well i too am disappointed by it's lack of pass-through charging... i mean, what's the point of having it on your iPod if you can't use it? just toss it in the glove compartment. but at any rate, i've heard good things about these, i'm going to preorder myself soon.

whether or not they keep the release date, you'll wait the same amount of time before getting it-- preorder or no.

so i'm going to order just for the convenience... that way i don't have to watch for it's release...

pnw

8. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think i'm gonna wait and watch until they release it. I've heard all those rumors about how they delay things and sometimes take a while to actually put a product on the market. I would rather have a decent idea when my product will get here just for my own peace of mind. I trust Griffin but not enough to put cash up front....who do they think they are Apple?

9. unc32 macrumors regular

I ordered it. They don't charge you until it ships, so why not. It is only 35 bucks and it looks like a sweet product. Can't wait to use it in my car.

10. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

I guess that kind of answers the question. Im getting one.

11. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

Classic! They just HAD to take the photo when the batter meter reads zero! Aaah, the infamous erratic battery meter issue. I hate it. You have to stare at the meter for like a minute to get an accurate reading. If your HDD is spinning, the meter plunges to zero, then jumps around and finally "stabalizes" for a little while.

I'm just surprised they didn't wait until the power showed 100% for the photo (psychological effect of minimal power drain). Similar to the effect of mobile phone photos. Photos of the phones always seem to have full power on the battery graph, and a 100% signal...we all know that is a fairy tale. Good marketing, though.

Just a useless observation....

EDIT--By the way...I WILL get one of these!!!!

Attached Files: