pre-order?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, May 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

sam10685

i am just itching for a Wii. does anyone know when it'll be able to be pre-ordered?

2. macrumors regular

I called EB games a few days ago asking the exact same question. They told me that as soon as they knew the release date and the price they'd start taking pre-orders. Until then I think we're all S.O.L.

3. macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

at my local gameshop you can already pre-order it haha....

(the store is called Gamecrazy, its a branch off of hollywood video rentals..)

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

are you serious?!i have a Gamecrazy/Hollywood video accross the street from my house... i guess i should go check things out... (((*feels like dumb-ass*)))

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno about the Wii but my local Gamestation have started taking preorders for the PS3. When I was looking for a PSP I asked "how many have you had so far" "none" :D I think the big bold £430 sign outside sorta turned them away.

Then again preordering this far in advance is a little mad. Unless it's a machine that is going to sell out.

6. macrumors 6502

Interesting, a lot of the stores around here are putting off on preorders until closer to release to prevent a similar fiasco that they had with the 360

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

HAH! no pre-orders for the PS3 yet... hilarious! and yes, the Wii is going to sell out rather quickly so i'm going to go see if i can pre-order it now.

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

how would that prevent a 360 fiasco? it's no where near the holidays yet.

9. macrumors 6502

Because as it gets closer to release, they'll be able to find out how many units they are actually getting so they won't accept more pre-orders than units they'll receive.

10. macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, I think it's more a "too early" situation. and it's still £430. closer to the launch date we'll see more pre-orders.

11. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm more excited about the DS lite than the wii....damn come on june 11th...im not suppose to buy anymore games but damn it i cant help it.

Bless

12. macrumors newbie

me too!

dslite is going to rule

13. macrumors member

MattQiu

anyone here know when will DS Lite be released in UK?

14. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

no offense, but how could u be more excited about the lite than the wii? yeah, i'm excited about the lite too, but you know the capabilities, u know how it plays, u've played the games before... (if u have a DS)

15. macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

The guy at my EB said that preorders probably weren't going to be taken because of the debacle that hapened with 360. I don't know what that means, or if I should believe him. But if I don't get a Wii on launch day i'm gonna be a VERY peeved individual

16. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

All I know is I will be pre-ordering both the PS3 and Wii and turning around instantly and selling them for much more than I bought them.

17. macrumors Core

Dagless

That depends if either are sold out. The UK has only had the PSP and 360 to become out of stock, and they were released in the UK in a limited batch. No problems with GC, Xbox or PS2.

18. macrumors 68040

Ditto. I'm gonna try my darndest to be there on launch day and pick one up. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get one, but I'll be pissed if I don't.

19. macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I plan to pre-order 3 or 4... I have nephews that will LOVE this! (plus one for my wife and I).

20. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

True but it is a risk I am willing to take.

21. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

what if Nintendo does to the Wii what Sega did with the Sega Saturn? (says nothing about a release date then comes out and launches it on some random day?)

22. macrumors 6502a

And they have the worst return policy - ever!

23. macrumors regular

Kirbdog

Toys'R'Us

I pre ordered at toys'r'us they garenteed the first 25 systems(me and my brother are in the first 15). 50 down and you have to get 2 games on launch day and a controller. I was going to get that anyway. We know that the price will be good from Nintendo so I am not concerned about that.
    I must have Mario Galaxy and I'll decide on other titles closer to launch day.

24. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i can't stand this... the hollywood video accross the street from my house wont take pre-orders yet. u guy are lucky. i need this to relieve some of my anxiety.

edit: i mean gamecrazy.

25. thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

thire are so things i could say to u right now but i won't beause it just wouldn't be cool at all...