Pre-ordered my Wii today

Discussion in 'Games' started by timmillwood, Oct 11, 2006.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2006
  2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    I was going to but they wanted $100 down. That's 40% of the total cost. Typically it is $50 down (which I was prepared to do). And though they stated that they wanted to avoid a repeat of the Xbox 360 pre-orders so that all who pre-order can get one...I am skeptical. So I didn't feel like handing over $100 for the hope that I could get a Wii. I have a feeling that these will be easier to find than the 360 was. I'll be in line at Target or Best Buy the night before :)
  3. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2006
    Currys in UK, i work there so get 10% discount but they will allocate stock to store depending on pre-orders so thought i better order one.

Had to put £20 down
  4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    If this article is true then I, along with many others, won't have to worry about pre-ordering...

Although you did the smart thing by preordering...who knows how fast these things will fly off the shelves
  5. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Where can you pre-order it? Do you need to buy it w/ bundled games?
  6. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Pre-ordered ours from a while back. I think GAME do them but you need to buy a pre-order a game too. GameStation do them but only in shops -- no online.
  7. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

Jan 8, 2005
    On the moon.
    All Best Buys nationwide will be opening two hours early for the launch of Playstation 3, and one hour early for the launch of the Nintendo Wii.

Good luck standing in line. :)

You guys get the first dibs. No store employees are allowed to buy any of the stock.
  8. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2004
    You have to be careful with GAME. Their in-store bundle's are not all the same as their on-line bundles. I've only ordered from GAME, as they did a midnight opening for the Cube, hoping they do the same this time round.

Mine's no 34, with Zelda :)
  9. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2002
    I preordered one from the GAME shop here in Winchester. I don't much like their service, but I don't want to miss out on getting the Wii either. I think it'll be surprisingly popular once the mainstream hype builds in the next month or two.

The guy in the shop tried to force me to pre-order games, but I don't think it'll be a problem getting hold of them once the console is actually out.
  10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    How much do they price in Currys? Is Wii Sports included?
  11. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2006
    £179.99 for wii with wii sports

then they got packages with extra remote and 2 games for £279.99

Heres a link for all the packages
  12. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2003
    My pre order went in this morning at GameStop. I'm number 5 and they were offering 10 pre orders plus 2 that were already taken by employees.
  13. white89gt macrumors regular

Jan 18, 2006
    I sat down at work today and the thought popped into my head, "Hey, I haven't checked to see when the Wii is going on sale in a while......hmmmmm." So I went to and there it was on the front page, Wii pre-order starting today. So, I called them to ask to be put on the list. No luck, you have to pre-order in person at the store I called. So, I lied to my boss and told him I was going to get my driver's license renewed and went to game stop instead. Guess what....first on the list and they only had 12 pre-orders available!!!

All that aside, the guy at game stop said that Nintendo has made a whole boat load of these things in anticipation of high demand. He actually told me that he thought pre-ordering wouldn't be necessary and that there's going to be a lot more of these things around than there were 360's when they released. But then again, this guy is 35 years old, making minimum wage, and working at a video game store, so who's to say what he really knows.