Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
You're not wrong, but of course it isn't really Leopard, it's a beta version of Leopard. This means it's not 100% stable, and Leopard is also not yet feature-complete.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, if you sign up for ADC Select or higher, you get access to the Leopard developer seeds. Prices start at $500/year.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
You get the developer version of Leopard. It is buggy, and Tiger is much more reliable. Chances are you would be happier with Tiger than Leopard.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I really is for developers. The version that comes with the ADC membership is a great resource for developers, but it is not for the standard user.

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
I really is for developers. The version that comes with the ADC membership is a great resource for developers, but it is not for the standard user.

I don't know about that ... if you're planning on buying a new system, the developer discount just about pays for the membership (esp. if you get a Mac Pro.)

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
That's My Plan

I don't know about that ... if you're planning on buying a new system, the developer discount just about pays for the membership (esp. if you get a Mac Pro.)
Definitely. You get the same master consumers get. To buy the 8 Core Mac Pro I plan on joining. The hardware discount exceeds $500 even beyond the Educational Discount.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Definitely. You get the same master consumers get. To buy the 8 Core Mac Pro I plan on joining. The hardware discount exceeds $500 even beyond the Educational Discount.

Now, that is a gr8 idea.
I will try to do the same!

But, I assume the Mac Pro Octo won't come out that soon, maybe even after Leopard is launched. So will it be worth getting that asap and then end up waiting until WWDC 2008 where (hopefully, presumably, maybe :p ) the first Developer Preview of 10.6 might be coming along...?

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
2008 WWDC? I Don't Understand.

Now, that is a gr8 idea. I will try to do the same!

But, I assume the Mac Pro Octo won't come out that soon, maybe even after Leopard is launched. So will it be worth getting that asap and then end up waiting until WWDC 2008 where (hopefully, presumably, maybe :p ) the first Developer Preview of 10.6 might be coming along...?
? :confused: You get one hardware purchase with that deep discount per membership per year. The approach would be to buy the membership about a month before Leopard ships so you get a Leopard Gold Master in one of your first mailings as a member. Once OctoCore is offered you go into the developer store and order your deeply discounted Octocore. Including the $500 membership, I think it'll cost a little less than if you bought it at the academic store.

I'm not sure what you mean about 2008 WWDC. I expect OctoCore Mac to ship same time as Leopard not after. Announcement April 15 Las Vegas NAB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.