preaching..

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by daniel77, Nov 8, 2002.

1. daniel77 macrumors 6502

today in world geography during a break in class I preached the word of apple computing and so forth on to a pc nut. i started off saying.. you probably think its overpriced..underpowered. gave him the megahertz mean jack, told him they run at different speeds based on bit rate; since he is a gamer he asked if the video sucked and i asked him if he had ever heard of RADEON :) And then i basically kept on talking about how similarly powered and featured computers cost about the same as their mac counterparts.

and i ended with the ibook g3 is a great comp because it runs at about the same speed as the other competing 999 dollar pc laptops. it has great software capabilities, its pretty light, great supersharp screen and a nice 20gig hdd. PLUS ITUNES AND IMOVIE! so I ended with that and guess what he said well now I can go tell myfriends to **** about the G4 being overpriced and underpowered etc..

thanks me.
    Guess how it all started? They asked me why on earth I would want the new ibooks and then I said..

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

last week, the pc guys could have shot you down on the price argument and won

but now, at $999, we have a low price on our side with a pretty decent machine in the entry level ibook

if my current rev. a ibook dies or just gets too plain obsolete for me, then i will buy the $999 ibook