Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skald

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
California
MacRumors is great at following the cycle of upgrades (Thank you!). Have there been any similar analysis that would help predict the price increase with next year's version?

Hey, I'm open to guesses based on vague recollections of past practices.

I will probably wait until next year to replace my MBP in order to get the tech advances, but even this year's model price makes me break out in a sweat.

Thunderboltedge

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Milan
Just as a rough brainstorming, I would take the price of the current one 2.500$ and than add a little increase as for iPhone for instance. So I would guess 2.599/2.699$

The variance could vary depending if it is just a simple refresh (like the 2015) or it makes a big change (design, skylake and so on).

In all case just hold your breathe before looking the price, just to tell:D

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
MacRumors is great at following the cycle of upgrades (Thank you!). Have there been any similar analysis that would help predict the price increase with next year's version?

Hey, I'm open to guesses based on vague recollections of past practices.

I will probably wait until next year to replace my MBP in order to get the tech advances, but even this year's model price makes me break out in a sweat.

Well the rMBP has so far only gone down in price since it's release, so my gues would be that if it keeps the same form factor it will be the same price with upgraded internals. If it gets a redesign I expect it to be no more thean $100 more at each price point.

Skald

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
California
I appreciate the responses. I guess it's a good thing I have modest lunches, since I need to save my lunch money even if the price remains $2500.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.