Predictions

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rye9, Oct 9, 2005.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Anyone have any predictions on what the next iBook update will bring? (speed increases, added features) I know new features may be added to PB's at the Oct 12 event, so u dont need to tell me to wait until then.

2. Bear macrumors G3

My magic 8-ball says: "Answer cloudy, search the forums, or just wait to find out by reading the actual announcement. (Whenever the announcement happens of course.)"

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I searched the forums and didnt find anything. :(

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....since iBooks were just updated a little more than 2 months ago it is a bit too early to be looking at any serious predictions or rumours about new ones....oh yeah!

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

you can probably guess what some of the updates will be based on the new powerbooks, if we ever get them, but probably no clue as to when we will actually see iBook updates. Afterall, they are not due for a redesign as of yet. ;)

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Ok for a second lets look outside the box:
    Do they make announcements with "One more thing..." on them for just regular updates (speed boosts and the such)????
    NO!
    Now I've already spoken quite vocally that a Video iPod is not going to happen. So are we looking at something totally new? Are we about to witness an old rumor that is going to blindside the industry and be introduced on Wednesday? I'm beginning to like that idea a bit. Dual core G5's are a safe bet, but you never know. I mean the big point I'm trying to make here is just the fact of Apple doesn't make a big announcement over nothing. So let's get our thinking caps on and think of something other than updated PB's and PM's and a Vid iPod and make some crazy suggetions.
    I give you my no-flame guarantee.

7. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

How about the iSphere?

A floating orb of pure energy, which magnetically enhances the mood of you and those around you while running logarithms for gambling through its quantum processor.

8. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

My guess is the next iBook update will be to Intel :rolleyes:

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I think Woody Allen already made that thing. That's a start though.

10. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

How about a iBook mini? Running a Pentium M, no CD drive, 7 inch wide screen, 1.3 pounds, 12 hour battery. $499.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We will just have to be patient. Sounds like we are in for a lot of updates. Should see speed increase all around.