preinstaled tony hawk4 (IB) on my PB

Discussion in 'Games' started by kiiroi, Jun 29, 2004.

1. kiiroi macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2004
    i have an ibook with the preinstalled tony hawk pro skater 4 game
    and now i want to run the game also on my powerbook. how does it work?

i tried to copy the application/preference files on my PB but after a jump
    in the doc it will not run :confused:

any ideas? i want to skate with tony as soon as possible :rolleyes:
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    Put the "Software Restore" disk into your PB, there should be an option to only restore games.
  3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    it appears the the vesion of TH4 that comes preinstalled on the iBooks will only run on the iBooks... i already tried it.
  4. kiiroi thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2004

cant be!
    there must be a way :eek:

tomorrow i want to try the restore idea.
  5. Kosher Terror macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    It comes on eMacs too, if that is of any help.
  6. kiiroi thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2004
    i give it up, i think i must download a original version to try the game on my mac. ****ing preinstalles *grrrrrrrr.
  7. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    My friend found a way to do it at one point. It requires getting some sort of receipt hidden file on the software restore disk and putting it in the right place on the computer. PM Bobindashadows and he can tell you what to do.
  8. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Jul 4, 2001
    I managed this too. It would probably be easier to move the file right from your iBook to the Powerbook, so you don't have to hunt through invisible files and packages. I believe the file is "Oplist install log" I could be wrong though, I deleted my copy of TH from my Powerbook and I'm away from home so I can't mess around on my iMac to make sure.

So, once you copy the game folder over, copy the file "Oplist install log" from <iBook>/Library/Receipts to <Powerbook>/Library/Receipts and that should do the trick.
  9. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    yeah that works...thanks...
  10. Ozi macrumors regular

Apr 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hi! Ive got an awesomely good pBook, but I dont know if it came with Tony Hawk already installed? :confused: Is it on a software install disk?

If not why do iBooks get it free, but the more expensive pBooks dont?
  11. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

Apr 21, 2004
    Can you say Chi-City??
    I'm also a bit ticked off at the fact that Powerbooks come with minimal pre-installed applications. I see that Powerbooks are meant for "Power" users, but there should at least be an option for some games. I would have even paid something to get them preinstalled if that's what it would take. I love Tony Hawk (Pro Skater, not the ACTUAL Tony Hawk), and as the days go by I am more and more tempted to buy it for my Powerbook, despite the fact I have it for PS2. Oh the temptations...Apple could (should) have solved this for me. (searching for shaking fist emoticon)