Preinstalled Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr. Anderson, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So anyone know when the machines will come preinstalled with Tiger, or should I just wait till NAB and then ask the question if its not been answered?

D

2. Bear macrumors G3

Unless Apple announces otherwise, expect current revisions of the various Macs to ship with 10.3.x installed and a Tiger upgrade DVD in the box. Apple may revise the pre-installed software on some machines, but you won't find this out unless Apple announces it or someone says they got a Mac with Tiger pre-installed.

Any new Mac revisions announced after today and set to ship after April 29th should have Tiger pre-installed.

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you'd think that, wouldn't you... but I'm curious to see when Apple actually announces it, which should be at NAB, I'm guessing.

The reason is, I'm going to be buying an iMac sometime soon, sooner than I purchase the PM - so I'm going to wait for an Official announcement.

I don't want to get a Tiger Install DVD shipped with the computer, it would be much better getting everything loaded out of the box.

D