Preorder your Wiis tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ReanimationLP, Oct 12, 2006.

1. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Gamestop and EB are taking reserves tomorrow morning for 50 dollars a clip in the US.

Canada gamers need to drop down either 50 dollars worth of stuff for trade, or 200 dollars cash/credit.

Attached Files:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Pre-ordered your Wii's for weeks ago (how the hell was that structured?) for us lucky sods :p

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We've been pre-ordering Wiis for..geeze must be 2 months now, maybe 6 weeks - definitely a long time.

4. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

got my email this morning... i was freaking out that it was today
    and i missed it... i was relieved that its tomorrow... i work at 9
    right across the way from my Eb... i cant wait...

this is way more exciting than ps3...

5. ReanimationLP thread starter macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

:p

But at least we dont have to wait until May for PS3. :D

>.> <.< :p

Just playing. But theres word going around that PS3 will be delayed in Europe until May. Ouch for you guys. :(

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

7. edcrosay macrumors member

edcrosay

Sweet! Tomorrows my birthday too...
    Good present for myself.

8. Malus macrumors 6502

I owe my dad 250 still....good thing i told him im using "store credit" to preorder my wii.....by store credit i mean actual money. HAH! PWND!!!

9. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

And on Monday for the Canucks. Different conditions.

Is CAD $100 (about $88 USD) a good trade-in value for the XBox? I haven't used mine since I got the 360. I will miss it anyway. I've got one of those limited edition with the clear crystal plastic case that was available for a short while up here.

10. kgarchar macrumors 6502

yeah, they're like $90 new here, so i'd do it if i were you. i can't wait to get a 360

11. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Do I really need to get there before 9 if the store is opening at 10? I got there at 845 and was 3rd in line for a PS3.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That'd be bad if I wanted a PS3 :p

A little OT, but Sony recently said something about Europe being of great importance, that more Sony machines are sold per capita here than in US or Japan (Don't know if it's true, Sony BS and all)... they have a nice way of showing loyalty!

13. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Should I even pre-order one or do you guys think I can get in on launch day?

I just don't want to spend more buying it on ebay. What do you think?

14. jdechko macrumors 68040

I really don't think I'm gonna preorder a Wii. With the supply they'll likely have I wouldn't be surprised if you can walk into your local store (EB/GS/BB/Wal-Mart/Target) and get a Wii and whatever games you want without any problem.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

GameStop was waiting until they knew how many units they'd have in stores before they took pre-orders, so we know we'll get them :p

16. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

17. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Ebgames say they'll be having a:
    Our limited online pre-order program will be announced at a later date, after software and accessory availability details are confirmed. Online product pricing and availability will vary and will be fulfilled independent of store reservations.

How long do you think until we see proof of that?

18. Malus macrumors 6502

So, I went into my local Gamestop. Saw only one woman there and all I heard was, "So its garranteed that youll have the wii in on nov. 19 then?" And the cashire said yes. So, I walked up to the counter, the woman passes, a coutious smile was exchanged and I asked the clerk if there was anymore wii's left in the inventory. Alas, he said no and that she *he pointed to the woman who was now leaving* got the last one.

They only got 12, I'm sorry nintendo, but I do remember you saying you were going to have a plentiful ammount of wii's for the holiday season. You lied to me Nintendo....you LIED!

19. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

There are still 3-4 more Wii shipments planned between launch day and year-end. (According to an EBGames' clerk)

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

My local target said they're not concerned about the demand and said you should be able to pick one up on release day.

That's my plan...

D

21. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Thats what Best Buy said...stilll I might wait out side!

22. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I drove down to my local EBGames after school (around 3-ish) to see if there was a chance I could put in a preorder for the Wii. I was told that all 36 preorder units were sold out within 20 minutes of the store opening... f**k. I never knew video games, especially Nintendo was so popular in my area.:eek: The 8 PS3 preorders took the same amount of time to sell out.

Anyway, no way I'm camping out at Best Buy or wherever on launch day... maybe I'll cruise down at like 9 or so in the morning to see what the status is with Best Buy and Target, but it sounds as if I may have to wait until the second shipment. Meh...:(

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yup 15 mins before the store open, I was their and some 40 people were in front of me!

24. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

How many did you store get?

25. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I got there about an hour and a half after the store opened (I had class), and they were all sold out. Same thing at 3 other locations.

DAMMIT.