Preordering the wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Jun 26, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

How much do you think the wii preorders will cost do to strong demand..i hope it wont cost to much:(

2. rockandrule macrumors 6502

As in how much down will you have to put? I haven't done a pre-order on anything except for games before, so I've only paid 10% at most. I don't see why a pre-order of such a system wouldn't be a full purchase price. I can't wait until they come out though! I just bought my girlfriend a DS Lite today (the last one in town!). It's so awesome!!

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Better for me to just put that money in a bank account, gather perhaps a bit of interest then buy a Wii on launch day, or whatever. After all if it's just a powered up Cube then manufacturing will be an easy and quick process, just makes me think there will be plenty to go around on launch day.

4. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

do you think i will be able to walk into walmart or ebgames or gamestop (my gaming stores) without preordering and being able to walk out with a wii and a copy of Twilight princess, i know there will be lines (long...long...long...lines) but will i be able to get what i want?????? on opening day?:confused: :confused:

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I personally won't be taking any chances. I'd hate to have to be waiting a few weeks to try it.

The Wiire guide to pre-orders

It's a little basic but all the essentials are there.

Call me pessimistic, but I can't remember a video game console launch day where there wasn't a shortage. Maybe it's just my luck.

And even if there is enough on launch day, it's not like I'll be losing anything… Except maybe 1 month of interest on $200 in a saving account… which is about… the price of 2 or 3 popeye candy sticks ^_^