Preparation for iPad: Any good carrying case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by powerbooks, Feb 4, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors regular

zemzabob

3. macrumors 6502

I currently use this "Maxpedition Jumbo" to transport my Asus EEE 10 inch. I think it will work perfectly with the iPad. The wife gives me crap about it calling it my Man-Purse. :)
    [​IMG]

I reviewed the bag here: http://tacticalgearhead.com/?p=575 in case you are interested.

4. macrumors 6502

I've got a Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad arriving Monday. Will post pictures when it's here.

5. macrumors 6502

I almost bought that exact model for my Asus before I went for the Maxpedition. I love how they add padding in it. Tom Bihn's stuff is all top Notch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Since my MBA fits nicely into my Jack Spade messenger bag, I know that the iPad will, too. I also have other bags which will work nicely for the iPad so am not figuring on buying a special bag for it the way I have for my various MBPs and the MBA.....

7. macrumors 6502a

8. macrumors 65816

Galley

I've already got a VertiGo from WaterField, so I'm waiting for them to make a sleeve. :)

9. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

These things look like fanny packs on steroids. Dorky especial.

Seriously, put in in a sleeve and drop in your back pack or briefcase. Anyone who gets a special sling for their iPad deserves all the mocking passersby can muster.

10. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Oh, dear, I knew I shouldn't have gotten into this thread. Now I've seen that gorgeous Waterfield Muzetto..... Uh-oh.....

11. macrumors 601

12. macrumors 6502

...and we will turn and mock you as you go by for not having the ability to see just how useful these little messenger bags/slings can be as you try to manhandle you brief case or back mounted bag on the go to get out your pad.

I can get out my ST5112 from my current Ristretto with one hand while walking down the street. Try doing that with a brief case. With the smaller Ristretto plus the much lighter iPad it won't even require thought.

13. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Thing is, I don't need to be tethered to an electronic device every waking moment. When I'm walking down the street I usually just look ahead, look around, observe life.

Seriously, my mom gave me a fanny pack on my first trip abroad and told me almost the same thing about it that you say about your iPad mini-sling. (I told her thanks, but no thanks). I stand by my earlier comment -- they are dorky. Sorry if that offends you, but its the truth.

14. macrumors 6502

It's not the truth, it's your opinion.

15. macrumors 601

Jack Bauer wants to talk to you.

16. macrumors 68040

Those bags are sooo gay.

You would be better off with a Scotty vest. At least you wont get hit-on in the men's room

(not that there's anything wrong with being gay ;) )

17. macrumors 6502a

You do realize that Jack Bauer isn't real, don't you? He's some Hollywood writer's idea of what a real man is: ludicrously macho. Except they're so used to being around girly-men that they forgot actual real life men don't carry purses.

Just kidding! Go ahead an carry your purse if you want, real men don't care what other people think.

18. macrumors 6502a

Chuck Norris probably agree's with you! ;)

19. macrumors regular

zemzabob

Oh snap I have to have that! My Glock 22 and my ipad in one bag!

20. macrumors 6502

21. macrumors 65816

wackymacky

finally, a use for the "man-bag" my wife bought me.

22. macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I quite like the look of the one that Apple showed because it lets you prop the iPad up. Bet it won't be cheap though.

23. macrumors 68000

greygray

Crumpler is the best that I'll use. I have a Crumpler pouch for my MBP and 3GS.

24. macrumors 68020

You mean the Apple iPad Case? Surprisingly, it's only $39 bucks.

I will be getting that, and probably carrying the iPad in my InCase bag for my 13" MBP.

25. macrumors 6502a

RichardI

:D:D:rolleyes: