"Presale" auctions on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alxths, Apr 23, 2003.

1. alxths macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2003
    I've been seeing a lot of these sorts of auctions on Ebay offering damned good prices on supposedly new merchendise(ie: 12" pbook w/ superdrive for $1650, no tax I believe). Apparently, you pay for the product and then their supplier ships it directly to you... this process is said to take 30 days at the longest.
    I know there are a lot of scams on ebay, and this sort of opportunity seems a little too good to be true; does anyone here know anything about the legitimacy of these auctions? Anyone care to speculate?

Some of them say that they accept paypal, although from the stories I've heard, paypal doesn't necessarily guaruntee you not getting ripped off...so, I'm not sure what to think.
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    thats alot of money to trust over a month. they are suppsoed to ship in under 30 days i think thats ebays policy. I'm thinking that after that time period you forfeit some of these rights asa buyer. if his feeddback si real bad he will be shut down. I don't think that roller coaster of things and not knwoing if hes for real is not work the saveings
  3. alxths thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2003
  4. iDork macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2003
    He accepts C2it and I believe you can use a Credit Card with it. C2it is owned by citibank if you're not familiar with them.

But still, 30 days is a long wait considering the uncertainty.

I would pass and search for a seller that has it on hand and ready to ship. Of course, from a legitimate seller.