Present for my Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by poppe, Aug 30, 2006.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hello,

Hopefully you all can help me. My girlfriend recently moved to California. She got her first appartment there, and I would like to send her something nice. I looked at www.1800flowers.com, but nothing was available for Orange county unless I was spending over $100 (I want to stay around $50). Perhaps you all could give me some ideas for a good present to send her as a house warming gift. I was hoping I could find some pretty flowers in a girlie vase.

Even if its just other websites like 1800flowers that would help out alot. Thank you

(Hopefully this is the right section for this thread)

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Get a more permanent plant, like one of those really tall slender venus fly traps. Both useful and beautiful!

If you want amazing looking flowers (I'm not exactly a flowery person), then the Bird of Paradise has always been my favourite (and probably the only flower I know :p ).

[​IMG]

3. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Cool flower but I dont know who sells that? I am trying to do somethign permanent like flowers in a pot, or a vase with dirt already in it. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

You're probably the best gift.

Short of you, if you're of legal age, send her a bottle of wine with instructions not to open it until you come to visit. Anticipation, mutuality ... a fine gift!

Right. Assuming you intend to visit.

5. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Haha yeah I move out there on the 14 of september. And sadly no I'm not of the age, and she acctually doesn't like wine. Hmm... But that does bring up some ideas... anticipation... hmm...

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

www.proflowers.com and are in California, although I live in NJ and have had nothing, but positive things to say about them shipping across the country.

Here is your answer

Trust me please she will love them!

7. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

:D Awesom! Thanks alot. This site looks just like what I was looking for those I am interested in that above flower (for me though).

8. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

Just send her a small simple bouquet of flowers with a really romantic note. I could write it for you, but it's probably best that you write it yourself. A note that makes her feel really special and all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

If you call your local florist, they will have a way to take your order and call it in out there. The minimum charge may be more than $50, so beware.

Speaking of gf gifts, whatever happened to the guy who bought his girlfriend a 12" Powerbook? :confused:

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Geek, do you even know what a girl is?

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's one of those people with the holes instead of the pokey thing, right? :confused:

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, I think so, although now you've asked I'm not so sure.

I'll ask macgeek, he's probably seen a picture of one.

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

His idea for a small bouquet and a small note isn't a bad idea to give to one of those hole people. Hole people like notes, and many of them like flowers. I think I saw a National Geographic documentary on this once, or was it a 3D IMAX movie? I forget.

14. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. To my "hole person" I got her a tree thingy that is like the Karate Kid tree or whatever. It blooms pink flowers once a year sometimes more. She'll like that alot.

15. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

My girlfriend is beside me so i am getting some expert advice :).

Anything would really do, there is nothing as good as the thought you put into it. I dont like to send flowers that die in a few days, i like to send something that would last a little bit longer.

Poppe "Hey guys thanks for all the advice. To my "hole person" I got her a tree thingy that is like the Karate Kid tree or whatever. It blooms pink flowers once a year sometimes more. She'll like that alot."

That sounds nice but remmber to get her something that she i going to like insted of something you do.

Once i saw someone give an ipod to his friend (both friends of mine) who had never used a computer in his life and hates music :)

16. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

She likes anything pink. And is planting flowers and stuff all around her apartment. Even has a bird feeder ourside. I think this will do great. Especially since it blooms pink

17. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

Excellent choice. Give something that is alive (and will stay alive), it's good luck.

18. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Thank you. Had to ship it on saturday because she is in class every weekday... cost me an extra $10 to the already $10 shipping, so I hope she likes it.

19. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

20. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh i've painted her so many pictures and a few other things, but I dont know what else I could come up with...

21. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I like when I get sent a basket of fruit. That's something I can actually use. So that's what I recommend.

But if she likes flowers then stick with that.

22. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Have you ever heard of the fruit baskets that come in looking like baskets of flowers and stuff?

There is a place near us that does it; has all this fruit put together in shapes of flowers and other things, but they start at like $100 which is a tad high for a college kid sending his gal a moving in present...

[​IMG]

23. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

:eek: Oh wow, that is pretty cool! Shame to even eat it, it looks so pretty.

24. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

:eek: Oh wow, that is pretty cool! Shame to even eat it, it looks so pretty.

25. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Yeah that one was acctually kinda ugly compared to the shop near my house. But I didn't know what it was called so I couldn't find their website. The one by my house is more floral-like/elegant and less kid ish. The website this picture came from had things like garfield vases and basketball/football/baseball ones.