presentation and asking for help to set up some powermacs

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by powermi, Apr 6, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2013
    Avila (Spain)
    Hello, first of all introduce my self. Im from Spain and for few years ago i bought an ibook g4 1,2... following a friends advice, i was looking to retire my old mac and go for a new x68 mac...

and was then when i discovered few blogs like powerpcliberation and just discover the real capabilities of the "old" powerpc macs, so instead buy a new mac i expend some money in a powermac quicksilver. and now after test it for a few weeks and upgrade some parts, i have bought last week another 2 quicksilver and a dual GigaEthernet.

Nowadays in my place i have remove my main x86 pc, and go only with powerpc and i would like to share with you my future plan and setup to get your advices.

- the gibabite ethernet would be the server and stay 24/7 with mail, photos, music, torrents tec.. this machine will be operated with remote desktop from other computers.
    - one 933 Quicksilver would be the photo editing, music stream and internet browser, with dual boot on leopard and linux (lubuntu)
    - my loved ibook will stay with me when i am out of home the weekends.

dont know what uses give to the others quicksilvers, perhaps keep them for spares, but its a pity cause they are fully functional.

your advices about this setup are really welcome, thanks.