Pressing the volume button does not adjust the ring level in iOS7.01??

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gerrard0804, Sep 23, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Updated my 5s to 7.01. When I press the volume button in home screen, it just adjusts the music sound level but not the ring level. I have to go into the setting>sound, the ringer level can then be adjusted with button. Is it a bug?

2. macrumors 6502a

You can increase ring level while someone is calling you if you didnt disable this function at settings/sounds

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

this function is on in my phone's setting, but the ring level is not increased with the button on home screen.

4. macrumors 6502a

Is it your first iPhone? Because it always been like that, also on iOS6. The ring level wont increase while being on home screen....

5. macrumors 6502

It did on my iPhone 4S in iOS 6. If I wasn't playing a podcast or song in the background, pressing the volume up and volume down buttons in the home screen changed the "Ringer" volume. I can't remember what it did if I had headphones plugged in (while not playing podcasts or music).

6. macrumors regular

You should be able to change the ringer volume on the home screen. I just tested it.

[​IMG]

Do you have the 'Change with Buttons' toggled on?

[​IMG]

7. macrumors 6502a

Oh damn, really sorry, i forgot that i have disabled changing ringtone sound with buttons :/ thanks ;)

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

I hardreset it and it returns to normal now, thanks all:)