Pretty Printers?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cleo, Feb 18, 2002.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Has anyone seen a basic inkjet printer that somewhat "matches" (or at least doesn't clash horribly with) the new iMac? I can make do without a printer for the time being (by saving stuff as pdf's to public folder on Windows network), but that's a pain in the butt and I want to get my own. But who wants an ugly boxy beige box to go with the ultraslick new iMac? Any recommendations?

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Very easy

Get a beige printer a buy white paint from those stores where you can buy model airplanes (those remote control things) and paint it, that paint works good on plastinc. May be not white because is gonna be hard to match the color, but something to compensate, a light blue or some other color.

What I do not really like are those tables, mouse and accesories with really crapy transparent colors. One should hare really bad teaste to get one. The only transparent accesory I got was my USB Floppy Drive and because is just the color of the G4 tower.

I said before, the new iMac is a very nice canvas. If you don't paint it your little brother will do.

3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I totally agree with you. I hate those crappy peripherals that try to mimic the colors of the Macs but they're SO ugly! They think that just by taking their existing case design and injecting it with transparent plastic will make it look like it belongs with a Mac, but it looks awful.

I got a QPS Firewire CD-RW drive and an Epson 880i with my G4 because they MATCH. Those are a few of the only peripherals that are actually close to the G4's graphite.

Oh, and for your iMac printer question, browse epson.com's printers. You'll notice that most of Epson's printers pretty much go with the new iMac (if you don't mind the dark color highlights.)

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how about some spray paint? mask out the area you don't want hit by the paint and spray to your hearts content.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Apple printer

Maybe apple should start making printers again. My G4 came with a free Lexmark, and I got rid of it after about 2 uses and bought a Epson. It still has some problems, but if Apple just had their own line of printers, it would be so much nicer.

6. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Apple printer

BAD idea. Apple never did make printers. All the printers ever sold under the Apple brand were either HP or Canon and of those, only the LASER printers were any good. Apple printer cartridges were a nightmare to keep track of as there was no consistancy from one to the next as to who made it or what Canon or HP equivalent it was and your average Nog can't remember a model # to save their life. "It's an Apple printer!!!! I just need the Black one!"