Preventing dialogue boxes with every delete

Discussion in 'macOS' started by joshysquashy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Often, when dragging a file to the trash, I am asked if I realy wanted to do that, can these dialogues be removed?

Also, deleting itunes files asks me where to put them, can this be changed to always go to the trash?

2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

Finder Menu --> Preferences --> Advanced Tab --> Uncheck "Show warning before emptying trash"

For iTunes, no, you can't.

reality

3. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Im not talking about emptying the trash but rather deleting files in the first place.

I am running on pearpc before i buy my ibook (when they are updated), so I might have got the wrong impression.

i think it warns for program deletion (understandably) and also network drive files deletion because they don't go to the trash (not a biggie). perhaps most files delete without a prompt.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Moving an item to the trash in OS X does not generally result in any dialog box - that's just when you empty the trash (depending on preferences, as mentioned above). The exception would be any item, generally network-based, that is deleted immediately upon clicking the OK button.

Applications, such as iTunes, etc., do not always follow this same rule.