Preview; can't cache, won't cache

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dreamkatcha, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

Howdy folks,

I have a folder full of images I've transferred from my digital camera which I'm trying to view with Preview. As Preview tries to create thumbnails, processing every other picture causes an error dialog box to pop up that reads something along the lines of: "error displaying image. Reason: can't cache images".

I'd quote the exact message, but I can't get it to appear right now because Finder has crashed yet again. Incidentally this Mac Mini is very flakey compared to my old iBook. Applications are forever crashing and that spinning rainbow ball appears more often than is warranted by the tasks I ask the system to perform.

The images display perfectly in the main Preview pane once I've banished the error messages, but not in the thumbnails section. This gets really tiresome when you're loading up 50 or so images and you have to click 'OK' 25 times. The number of images I try to load at once makes no difference I should point out. If I load a single image in isolation I still get the same error.

Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks muchius.

2. KillerBeeee macrumors newbie

Same problem

I was curious. Maybe it's the camera we are using. What kind is yours. I am using an Olympus Evolt E-300.

3. Dreamkatcha thread starter macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

They're pictures my brother took using his Minolta Z3. The ones I've taken myself with my inferior Fuji A203 work fine.