Preview of PC version of Halo. Mac version will presumably ...

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacBytes, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Looks absolutely fantastic! Problem is, I'll probably have to wait till I get my G5 to be able to play it comfortably. My 450MHz G4 won't be all that happy with it....:(

D

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well i would be excited but halo is old now. now with the release of halo 2. most people who have already wanted to play halo have probably gotten an xbox to play. and pc users have had for some time, because there have been programs to extract the contents of the dvd version and play on the computer. but in the long run this is good because many people will enjoy it and it is a quality game coming to the mac, hopefully they program it well so it was play on things that arent top notch.

iJon

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

It looks better then my friends copy of the game...

4. couch potato macrumors regular

mouses support feels like liberation from the stupid controller. Online support thats actually supposed to be online. some new, awesome multiplayer maps. nice resolution support. whats not to like?

5. whawho macrumors regular

I used to feel that way about FPSs on a console UNTIL I played Halo on Xbox. Microsoft did a really good job at making it "almost" as good as using a mouse and keyboard...granted you'll never be as acurate but I wouldn't have thought it possible for a FPS to be as cool on a console as Halo is on Xbox.

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I can't wait for Halo 2 to come out. I've beaten Halo on all levels including Legendary and don't have anyone else to play multiplayer with since they are all afraid of playing me. I used to hook it up to the big screen 60" in the lobby at college during the weekends and people would flock towards it to play multiplayer. I only stopped playing recently since both the disc and my Xbox seem to be crapping out on me. But oooo....flamethrower...I can't wait to play Mac Halo for that and using a Banshee during mutliplayer :)

Oh damn, did I read that the AI in legendary is even harder for the computer version? Looks like I may have my ass handed to me on a platter a few more times by the flood, afterall

7. whawho macrumors regular

Heck yeah... I can't wait for Halo 2 either...have you seen the movies? it looks amazing... I like that in the new one you can jump on the warthogs and kick arse. The video that I saw was city scape...nice!

... Damn you beat Halo on legendary-->you're hardcore...that's tough to do.

All my friends and I always be havin Halo parties (still) .... sippin on some drank and bustin some Halo = alllllriiight.

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It took me the better part of two years to beat it on all the difficulty modes between classes, work, keeping a girlfriend (who curses Halo with a passion for the many nights I spend playing Halo instead of her), and giving up in sheer frustration for a month here and there, but I finally beat Legendary a few months ago. Let me tell you, once you do, you can kick anyone's ass in any multiplayer :D All I can say is the shotgun is your friend! But yes, I have seen the Halo 2 movie from IGN and I was absolutely drooling. Dude, you can shoot with two guns, you can hijack moving vehicles, vastly improved graphics, more weapons, tougher AI....holy mother! Yes, I am definitely looking forward to being smacked around and made Halo's bitch one more time when Halo 2 is out...

9. Madscientist_UK macrumors newbie

I'm looking forward to the mods which you can create with the pc/mac version, check out the video in this news item from HBO http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=7202 it's created using a modded xbox but it gives an idea of the sort of things possible :) my favourite part is blasting away the foot of the column of MC's and watching the shield flow up it. That is just cool.

Mad.