Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djxpress

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
I can't seem to figure out how to show the embedded pdf photos when I open a pdf? Preview used to work fine, but something must have happened.

Attached is an image, on the left is the pdf opened using Acrobat Reader and on the right is the same PDF in Preview.

Help!

http://imgur.com/a/kk0rS
1.jpg

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
I've seen a problem with El Cap Preview and zoomed images. Not really a fix, but does it display correctly if you shrink down the PDF window?

djxpress

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
No - but I can see the images if I'm scrolling through the pages fast

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
What you're seeing could be the raw scanned negative without adjustments applied. Whatever program the authors used must have generated a Postscript method or extension that Preview no longer handles. Don't know what you can do other than report the bug to Apple.

Lord-J

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2016
Same problem here, it is related to the new "pdfkit" apple has developed, not the pdf itself. Pdfs are fine under all other pdf readers... It is really annoying, I cannot read any article under safari/preview, it has to go in another reader!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.