Price changes after updates?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lion, May 29, 2005.

1. lion macrumors newbie

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the usual trend of the ibook/powerbook prices following the announcement of updates? I guess the prices of the new machines will go up but by how much?

The current specifications of the high end ibook are enough for my needs, isn't it wiser to buy now just before the updates while the prices at their lowest? :confused:

2. reh macrumors 6502a

Prices on new models can be higher, lower, or the same as the models they just replaced. You'll just have to wait and see.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

It depends. Apple kept the prices the same for the last revision on it's notebooks. But the one before that i believe there was a 100$ price drop on all models.

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I'm kinda confused on what you're are saying. Why would you buy a iBook right before the new ones are announced. After the new models are announced, the high end iBook will probabl be going for $1,100, or something like that. I will be like $300 or $400 off. Why would you pass up those savings, and if money isn't an issue why not get a new model. :confused:

5. lion thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to buy new older versions from the apple website? and if it's going to be $300-$400 less, then i better wait!!

6. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Yes. The older Revs will go on sale in the Red Tag Sales section. That is what I did when the new PM's came out, I then got the older rev with a $500 discount & the more expensive models got an even greater discount than that.