Price drop on iPod before X-Mas?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by citizenchunk, Dec 1, 2003.

1. citizenchunk macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2003
    i've been considering buying a 10GB iPod for my girlfriend this x-mas. problem is, $300 is a lot of money for a poor workin' stiff like myself. i could probably swing $200. hell, even $250 would be in the realm of "sure, it's a lot of money, but she's worth it." but that last $50 (to make it $300) might as well be 50 miles away. that's like a whole other present!

so, rumor-mongers, what do you think the chances are of a price drop between now (12/01/03) and X-Mas 2k3? i myself am inclined to say UNLIKELY, but i think i'll just wait and see what happens in the next week. if there's nothing by then, i don't think we'll see any changes, and it might be a slightly less merry christmas. :(
  2. yoman macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2003
    In the Bowels of the Cosmos

I think the only discounting that apple was going to do was the Nov. 28 10%discount on the ipod and its accesories. Unfortunately it was a one day sale.

are either of you a student. The Education price is $269. not as low as $250 but better than $300
  3. citizenchunk thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, she can get an edu discount. but the kicker with that is the tax. even with the discount, buying an edu iPod is not much less than just buying it tax free from

i read on some forum that people were getting really good edu deals from some place in Beulah, or something like that. anyone know about that?