Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lorelai, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Lorelai macrumors member

I was just wondering if Apple has a habit of dropping their prices around the holidays (either before or after). My best friend is so jealous about my shiny new MBP that she wants one. She won't have enough $$$ until right before Christmas and would hate to buy it then if they were going to be cheaper after Christmas. I really don't remember Apple discounting the way PC companies do, but I only pay attention when I'm looking to buy a new computer. ;)
    Thanks! :)

2. vniow macrumors G4

Nope. Not usually at least, sometimes they'll introduce a new model for the holiday season at the same price point as the last one but its not usual practice for prices to drop.

3. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

You might want to look in the refurbished section in the Apple Store website. They have some good deals there.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with it, but when a product is sold and the box is opened that product has to be sold as refurbished.

It comes with the full warranties from Apple...

I'll bet there are going to be a lot of Mac Book Pro Dual Core Notebooks for sale there...:)

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

in the past, Apple has had a 10% off sale the day after Thanksgiving. whether they'll do it again, i'm not positive, but i know they've done it before - that's the day i got my first iPod (3 or 4 years ago).

there will likely not be a price drop after Christmas; however, if anything news is announced at the January conference (MacWorld San Francisco), you could score some good deals on [what will then be] older models.

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

What Apple usually does have after Christmas are "refreshed" models. These are computers that were returned but are otherwise undamaged (refurbished means repaired). You can save some money on these.