"Price Is Right" for.....Rosie?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xsedrinam, Jun 16, 2007.

1. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Retiring from The Price Is Right, Bob Barker has endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell to be his successor for the popular T.V. show.

Barker said that CBS will meet with O'Donnell to discuss it, although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

The ratings are noticeably down after CBS News' gamble with Katie Couric as anchor for the evening news. Whether it's because of a gender choice, or other factors, do you think Rosie has a chance to fill Barker's shoes, or will CBS look elsewhere?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

monke

No, I think CBS will look elsewhere. It's certainly going to be hard to fill Barker's shoes though.

3. macrumors regular

serpico

Oh say it ain't so. I'm no fan of hers and would never watch the show if she hosts it. She would ruin the game show fun that Barker created. Every day there would be a media story about an incident similar to what we saw on The View!

4. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i like rosie a lot, but i think she needs to step away from the spotlight a bit.

5. macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I think they're going to look elsewhere. Rosie has been too controversial in the past. I think there are too many out there that don't have a favorable opinion of her anymore.

6. macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Few people can fill Barker's shoes...IMHO, there's only one man for the job:
    walkenforpres.jpg

7. macrumors Core

they could just retire the show.

i don't know. that would just seem a bit fitting if you ask me. why ruin it?

8. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I can see your point, Bob really makes the current show, but I'd be interested in seeing an update, making the show a bit more modern.

I realize that most people who watch it are older, but I can remember skipping school and watching TPIR. It was like my wake up tradition. :D

9. macrumors G3

Counterfit

NEVAR!

Well, okay, they can add some new games. But the 1970's era set has got to stay!

10. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think the new host ought to be somebody quite different from Bob Barker. I guess Rosie could use a new job, so why not? I also think they should change the show in some major way too, such as filming it in a new studio in a new city. Give it some fresh interest.

I never watched the show, but I know that Bob Barker's wife's concern for animals became one of Bob's causes. I wonder if he'll spend more time on interests like that now, or disappear into private life as Johnny Carson did.

Bob Barker said he's not planning to watch the show with its new host, so Rosie would have lost one fan of the show before she even started!

11. macrumors 603

SkyBell

I vote for Steve Jobs. :)

12. macrumors regular

Hmm.... Rosie is on the East Coast with her family... not sure if she would make that commitment to do the show if it was on done on the West Coast.

How about Katie Couric as the host?
    :D

What CBS would do for her to take that gig so they could put someone else on the news?

13. macrumors 6502

yes yes y-e-s

14. macrumors 68000

mcarnes

He would be *thrilled* to take the job. "Boom, you're a winner". "Look at this silverware, isn't it *cool*". "Very simple".

:p Just kidding, I love SJ.

15. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I can see it now, "you lying Republican bitch, get off my stage" as she tossed the intern out the door. :p

Even if she can smile on stage for 10 years, I doubt he backstage antics would change.

If they want a female, how bout Drew Carey in drag.

16. macrumors 603

iSaint

This is the sort of mindless host job she needs. It doesn't take a lot of brains to run a game show like TPIR.

17. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yet still she'd find some way to F is up.

18. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, Clive Barker's shoes, maybe.

19. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

God no, The Price Is Right should be cancelled! It was Bob's baby, his show for like thirty-however-many years! Rosie...ugh. How could he tarnish his own show so much like that? :eek:

20. macrumors G4

dmw007

I could not imagine Rosie as being the host of the "Price is Right". :eek:

I think Steve is rather busy being in charge of Apple at the moment. :p ;) :)

21. macrumors Core

MacNut

And you know he would not "give away" iPhones, he wants people to buy them.:rolleyes:

Rosie no, The show will continue as it is a big money maker for CBS. There is a reason it is the longest running game show.

22. macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Too many people hate Rosie for it to happen; her stint on the View considerably lowered public opinion of her even further down than it was.

23. macrumors 6502a

Whether you like or hate Rosie, you have to admit that she really does not have any class. Bob Barker brought so much class to the Price is Right and if Rosie took over, the show would take a whole new direction. Of course, they would probably get quite a bit of attention every time she did something outrageous and that might boost ratings and bring in more advertising dollars.

24. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

News report:

Rosie has a meeting scheduled with CBS producers about hosting the show. So they consider her at least a candidate.

Reportedly, the leading candidates CBS sought were actor George Hamilton, Mark Steines from Entertainment Tonight, and Todd Newton, who hosts a Price is Right show in Las Vegas.

25. macrumors 6502a

I am not sure when Rosie went off the deep end. I don't like Trump, but I'll give him one thing - Rosie is a bully.