Price Matching from Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by eva01, Apr 26, 2005.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Have i just been blind these years and not noticed that apple has a price matching program with apple certified resellers?

It states that they will match the price of hardware and software up to 10% off the apple store price.

is this new

PS: I do not know how long that URL will last since it is in the apple store and i believe the URls change constantly, at least they do on some of the hardware to my knowledge.

Attached Files:

2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Except it's illegal to sell more than $5 below Apple... *lol*

Also... the site in your sig looks cool, msg me when it's up? :)

3. freiheit macrumors 6502a

No price difference

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen any Apple certified reseller with a price that was different from Apple's own price. So big freakin' whoop that they offer price matching. A cheap marketing ploy with no teeth (much like Windows XP -- and this from a Windows 2000 user).

4. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

i have never seen them either, just maybe a few dollars cheaper, but is this new or not?

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

What about MacMall? Thay sell thing for $6 off. on an iPod Shuffle that could be 6%. :eek:

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

hmmmm CompUSA was selling the USB/Firewire iPod connector for $19.99 the last time i was there (yes i got one) which usually sell for 29.99..... i wonder if Apple would have price matched that?

7. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I believe it's only up to 10%