Price points for the iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tylersail, Sep 2, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2005
    Geneva, IL
    I just joined the club of ripping people off and selling them an ipod that will be updated in under a week, so I'm all set to buy :D

I just wonder what the price will be. What's this history of iPod prices? I really hope it will stay at $249, but could it go up to $300, $350?
  2. macrumors 601

Jun 1, 2007
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Traditionally, the prices have been dropped or the same. But remember, people are speculating that a new iPod line will be introduced (to make four total product lines). If you are hoping for an iPod with a multi-touch interface, I think that you're looking at $300+. $350+ if it has wifi.

These prices may be accurate, they may not be. The speculation of a touch iPod may be accurate or bogus. All will tell when Steve walks onto a stage sometime Wednesday morning.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    I would pay $300-$350 for the new ipod touch. Heck, I remember when I paid $400-$500 for the "newest" ipod.
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 2, 2007
    I will pay any sum of money for the top ipod touch. I cannot wait any longer!!! Do u think they will be in my 5th avenue apple store on wednesday???
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2007
    The alphabetically sixth to last state.
    Me too! Yeah but I'm hearing from Don Bagles that it will be close to the iPhone price. It makes sense, though, I mean, if it is touch screen, it would have to cost more so the iPhone wouldn't be replaced.
  6. macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2003
    New Hampshire
    If the new iPod touch is 120G or 160G and it is similar to the iPhone (OS X, wifi, etc) but without the phone capability , it will probably go for at least $500.00.
  7. macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    I think the Touch will have 2 models, possibly 60GB and 120GB, so two price points. I wouldn't be surprised if they are significantly more expensive than the regular iPods, similar to the Photos being a lot more than the monochrome iPods. I'm sure they will not exceed $500, possibly $350 and $450? That sounds reasonable to me, but it depends also on features (wifi or not mostly).
  8. macrumors 68000

Dec 1, 2005