Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by ilikeiBook, Feb 1, 2002.

How much would you pay for a superdrive iMac?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2002.
  1. below $799 USD

2 vote(s)
  2. $799 USD

0 vote(s)
  3. $999 USD

1 vote(s)
  4. $1299 USD

3 vote(s)
  5. above $1299 USD

2 vote(s)
  1. ilikeiBook macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    I started this pole to see how much people would pay for an 800Mhz superdrive iMac. I think Apple needs to lower its prices and I want to see what other people think.
  2. networkman macrumors regular

Jan 1, 2002
    california, usa
    i would even like to see the leftover crt based imacs be loaded with superdives and sell the computer for $799 to do two things:

1) give the computer buying comsumers a good, inexpensive choice to compete with pee cees

2) get rid of the crt imac stock over the next two years with superdrives built into them

this way, the lower income computer users will get some brand loyalty going and this will boost their stock market value
  3. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    This is a silly poll... of course people will choose cheaper.. Why would anyone want to pay more for anything if everything else was the same?

The superdrive alone costs $480 retail... Just because you want it cheaper doen't make it possible for Apple to do so.

The big test will be if the $1800 Superdrive sells well - which I think it will.

The iMac with 15" LCD and Superdrive for $1800 is an excellent price.

Go to Dell... A 1.8ghz Pentium, 128MB RAM, 40GB drive, 17" CRT, GeForce2 MX, DVD+RW combo drive setup costs $2047.