Pricing advice MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pavetheforest, Sep 14, 2006.

1. pavetheforest macrumors regular

pavetheforest

Hi, I'm looking to sell my macbook pro, I need some advise on pricing. It has the below specs. I want a to get one with a better hard drive, and updated processor when it comes out....

Specs...

15.4-inch widescreen display
    1440x900 resolution
    1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
    1.5 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
    4x SuperDrive
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 memory
    One FireWire 400 and two USB 2.0 ports

Also... Brand new battery apple sent after they recalled the origional for not "meeting apples standards" I've been using the old one as there was nothing wrong with it.

No problems whatsoever with the machine, It was purchased in late May, it has none of the issues from the first models. Perfect condition, I take very good care of it...

What would be a reasonable price?

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

What you can try doing is pop by to Apple's online store, check their pricing for refurbished 17" MBPs, and then take 10% off the top.. that'd be a asking reasonable price for you.

3. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

Check eBay too. Do a search and filter it by what previous auctions completed at not what they are going for now (e.g., buy it now, in motion auctions).

That should also give you a ballpark figure of what you will get. You may be able to attempt high balling it for some person who wants your system now. But eBay is pretty much what I would consider market price these days.

4. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

5. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Be careful, don't want you computer to explode. Then you won't be able to sell it for anything.

6. pavetheforest thread starter macrumors regular

pavetheforest

Very true, maybe i'll stick in that new battery...but thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to check out the refurb store and e-bay as suggested. If anyone else thinks of a fair price let me know! Thanks again.