Pricing for Office 2013

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by 76ShovelHead, Jan 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Home and Student is $140 and you get Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Onenote.

Home and Business is $220 and you get everything in Home and Student, plus Outlook.

Does Outlook justify the $80 dollar difference? Are there better email clients for less?

Personally I use Apple Mail on ML and Entourage on my iBook running Leopard.

2. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Isn't it supposed to be a free upgrade? Not sure where I heard that. :confused:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Online subscribers will get free upgrades during their subscriptions. But they still have to pay $80/year so its not really free.

4. macrumors demi-god

firedept

For my wife it is everything. I do not use Outlook, so does not matter to me. But since my wife requires it and you get 2 licences, I have it installed. Have never even opened it. Not worth $80 to me as I use Mail.app.

5. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

$99/year for home users, $79/4years for students, no?

Outlook is apparently included.

http://arstechnica.com/information-...h-microsofts-office-365-home-premium-edition/

B

6. macrumors 6502a

People here are mixing up two separate product lines. Office 2013 is for Windows only, no Mac version. It's available by download only, but doesn't expire.

The subscription version, for use on up to 5 PC or Mac computers, is Office 365 Home Premium. It's $99 per year and includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook, MS Access, and MS Publisher, the products included in Office Professional.

As of today, Office 2011 for Mac is now available as a download with only the product key in the box, no media. This is the only version now available at the Apple on-line store.

7. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

If you need to connect to Exchange then yes. Otherwise, probably not. I used Outlook with Exchange for years. WhenI switched to the Mac and didn't connect to Exchange any more, I found mail.app easier to use than Outlook Mac. My needs are fairly simple and mail meets them.