Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Circus Monkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
I'm a univesity student and have decided to make the switch from PC and get a MBP with the Merom chip (should be coming out in late august/early september right?). The MBP seems like the perfect laptop and with the new chip, the system will run cooler and faster.

So my qustion is, how will this affect the price of the MBP? A 2 Ghz, 1 GB ram MBP would already cost me about $2400 (CDN after taxes). Will the prices rise? Or is it expected for it to remain the same?

Any help would be great.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Apple work on a good, better, best option. In the MBP range this is the 15" 128 MB VRAM, 15" 256 MB VRAM, and finally the 17", you can probably expect to see the pricing stay the same as it is now for these models. As for your comment about Apple shipping dates for the Core 2 Duo notebooks this is speculation at best, Apple may announce them at the WWDC keynote then you may wait months for delivery. It has happened before and it will happen again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.