Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by jefhatfield, Dec 20, 2001.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    assuming that apple inc. comes out with the G5 tower and the LCD iMac, what do you think they will price them at?
  2. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2001
    Even though Apple's prices are typically higher than other company's offers... they have still always amazed me every time a new product comes out with the pricing. Original iMac is one thing.. in 1998 when they were announced, the G3 was still very new and I was completely in shock to realize I could actually afford a G3 for $1299 and have "all the computer I would ever need!" he he.. i was such a young lad.

also, think about the new Tibook.. they lowered the price on these while adding mucho better features..

I am quite certain we will see these great new products.. actually replacements of current products for equal to or less than prices than what we have now.. save the $799 iMac..

I do think Apple will give us an LCD iMac for under a grand. (if it comes at all)

and the G5 will be sub $2500 (all US)

THis may seem hard to do, but I don't think Apple inc, as Jef always puts it :) can afford not to keep prices at the level they are right now..

So is the story of technology.. the longer you wait, the better they get, and the less you have to pay.
  3. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2001
    I think we'lll still have a low end desktop G4 for $1699, but it will be min 867 MHZ.. but the G5 will be $2499USD and my guess is it will be 1.2Ghz.. but will it be 7460? or 8XXX?

[Edited by dannyzr2 on 12-21-2001 at 04:30 AM]