Prince of Persia Wii.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Feb 21, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Finally a game for the Wii with what looks like a decent texture ;)

This is looking good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Is that the same PoP that was released a year ago on the PS2?...I'll pass, I didn't enjoy that game much...It looks good though.

I'm going to have to say this but when is the Wii gonna start pumping out games that actually look better than xbox games?

Bless

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've heard good things about the visuals in Sonic.

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

I hope it's more than just shaking the controller when the screen says to. Is this the "new innovative gameplay" I've been waiting for? :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's like God of War where you only do it when you fight a boss or something.

Since when did GOW become Gears of War instead of God of War? :p

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

When HD as in "Hard Drive" became "High Definition," and HDD which used to be "Hight Density Disk" became "Hard Disk Drive." :p

Zelda's controls are shaky, but still great imo. I would've rather been able to simply thrust forward with my hand instead of pressing the thumb-stick forward, so I was bummed about that aspect, but I really enjoy features like the spin and shield thrust. For the most part it's all intuitive, and I like it way better than even the glorious Wind Waker controls. It really does add something to the game, especially when I'm spazing out when the EVIL spiders attack.

<]=)

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

7. darkwing macrumors 65816

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Whoa :eek: Might get this, I haven't played much of the new PoP games (too much a fan of the original 2D games).

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Damn, I hadn't really been interested in PoP at all but after seeing these screens and the abilities of the Wii i'm really excited! :eek:

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Are you joking? It's the same old ubisoft shovelware.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158586

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I might get it...only because I've never play PoP, but if I buy it I'd be saying "Yes keep the ports coming" which is not what I want...all in due time I gueess

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is the one time we agree on something....it looks the same from 2005.

I hope they don't try to port all the games missed by the cube to the wii and add wii controls..that would suck.

Bless

14. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

The Two Thrones was a decent game but that game looks exactly like it :confused: well in any case, I don't care about combat (which is all that is shown on those pictures) in PoP games, the real appeal of PoP is in the fluid, seamless platforming sections, thats all I care about Ubisoft nailing right in a PoP game.

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

For that quoted, you quoted darkwing,, but because of something darkwing did when he quoted someone else it has Zap2 as the person who said it.

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This PoP is already a Cube game BTW.

I also don't want to see that sort of thing, but it's pretty much the norm with 3rd party developers. With the Wii it's the controls, with the 360 and PS3 it's HD.

Have you played Fight Night on the PS3? It's a good example of this sort of blah.

<]=)

Who be this Zap2 character... ;)

<]=)

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I agree, Blah is blah.....but I don't want ports of last gen games on my spanking new next gen console...give me the new and keep with it.

360 to PS3 ports..okay but the game is still in the "this gen" area....even if it sucks or not when they port it.

Note: I know PoP is for the GC..I'm hoping this one has more content because if not then that will make it even more lame.

Bless

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

So true.

I never bothered playing PoP on the Cube, so it would all be new to me. :) But the DS PoP sucked, as have most of UbiSoft's games as of late, so I'm realy not sure if I even want to try this game. :eek:

360 to PS3 are great and it's what I would expect, but Fight Night as an example is a PS2 port with some PS3 goodies. Sonic on the 360 is another example of blah. Not only does this game look dated, it's quite buggy.

If anythihng, this attest to the fact that most developers don't care, or are required to make too many sacrifices do to a limited budget and demanding publisher.

<]=)

19. pcypert macrumors 6502

Too many games like this flooding in could be bad for the Wii. There's already not much and if people are having to wade through this and hot shot golf and all the other rubbish coming down the pipes...Sad too, cuz there are people that will buy it out of desperation for more games....

Paul

20. darkwing macrumors 65816

I assume you mean "True Swing Golf" as "Hot Shots Golf" is a Sony franchise and is rather fun imho.

21. pcypert macrumors 6502

I swear hot was in the title...it was a Japanese game with cartoony girls playing golf in bathing suits...and the wii mote didn't even work with the golf swing...at first...the guy trying it out was pissed....crappy game whatever the name.

Paul

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Bummer, I was wondering about that game. Oh well, I'll just wait for Tiger Woods.

<]=)

23. pcypert macrumors 6502

Probably visually more interesting than Tiger Woods golf. But to me it was just stupid. Very childhish graphics (which I can like as a style at times)....but you had to sit through all these stupid dialogues with character back story info that was just horrendous.

This guy was demoing it to think about buying it with his Wii here a couple weeks back so I watched. It was a good 20 minutes before he could try and take a swing and even then it was stupid. I think it would respond to your swing but you had to specifically set it to do so (didn't default to that) and in the end it came down more to button pushing than your actual swing. Maybe it'll change from the Jap version?

I can't imagine US players sitting through the crap backstories and all that. And the greens were pretty crappy too.

Paul

24. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ddint realise this was just a rehash of one of the older games.

The only prince of persia title I bought for last consoles was Sands of Time.

Oh well forget it then, and what I also find weird is that those screenshot are FAR bigger and higher resoution than the Wii is capable of displaying, so how does that work ?

Oh well another wii game loses my interest.... next