Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by apoz, Feb 13, 2008.
How can you print the notes you've made in Preview?
Command P? Or do you mean the notes on their own?
even file, print works
If you command print, the pdf is printed but not the notes that I've made
same problem here. Any solutions anybody?
Yes. I second the desire to figure out how to do this. I'd like to see my notes on the printed copy as well!
Edit: I have a work-around. It's somewhat ugly & very convoluted, but it works and yields a PDF with notes printed in the last page(s) from Preview.
1. Install Skim: http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/
2. Open your annotated PDF in Skim.
3. Select File -> Convert Notes...
4. Manually edit the notes to delete everything except note comments (as desired).
5. Select File -> Export...
6. Select "Notes as RTFD" from the "File Format:" menu & save
7. Open the RTFD file in Text Edit
8. Select File -> Print...
9. Click the PDF button and select "Save as PDF..." and save
10. Open your original PDF with notes in Preview (Make sure your sidebar is visible (View -> Sidebar) and it displays pages as thumbnails (select list at bottom of sidebar))
11. Drag your Notes file (from step 12) to the bottom of Preview's sidebar
*phew*. Now you can save & print your PDF with your notes on the last page(s).
Apologies for replying to a very old thread, but I just came across this when googling for the solution, then noticed the solution, so wanted to share that with anyone else that stumbles onto this page.
The solution in Mountain Lion is to command-p, click 'Show Details' (if details aren't already being shown), then 'Show Notes' (under the 'Preview' set of options).
This solution worked great for me. Note that after showing the notes, I also tried to "print" as a PDF and open in Preview. This causes my Preview to crash.
-Dr. Kat Barger