Print PDF Files

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ryan5505, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Ryan5505 macrumors regular

How can I unlock a Password Protected PDF file if I do not have the password. I really need this, but dont want to pay for a program. Please help.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Try opening it up in ColorSync Utility and resaving it. ;)

3. Ryan5505 thread starter macrumors regular

didnt work, I just want to print the file! Makes me mad a file on MY MAC will not print!

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Hmmm... that used to work. What PDF is it?

Is there a good reason why they've locked it? If it's something you have to pay for to unlock, then perhaps I shouldn't be trying to help you. ;)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't think I've encountered what Preview does when you try to *print* protected files...only the ones that don't let you copy/paste.... You are using Preview, aren't you? Because if you're using Acrobat, Preview would be my suggestion... :)

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Preview opens password-protected PDFs just fine if you have the password. The OP wants to open a password-protected PDF without the password. Preview won't do that, but that is the way password-protection works.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Even if you had Acrobat Pro - the file would still be password protected.

You can't print it because the creator of the file does not want people printing it. The real answer is -- if you need to print it, contact the creator of the file and ask for the password, or for a non-protected version.

Of course, you can print anything you can see on the Mac screen in low-res simply by doing a screen capture and printing that...

8. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Are you suggesting it's the fault of the Mac? You need the password my friend!

9. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There are other ways around it that I occasionally have to employ at work using a combo of apps. As Adobe says:

Attached Files: