Print/PDF from Safari drops line of text

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidCar, Feb 8, 2005.

1. DavidCar macrumors 6502a

I've not thourougly investigated this, but I thought a few times that when I printed to PDF there was a line of text missing. Now I've got an example, and I am curious if anyone can reproduce this.

OS 10.3.7. Safari 1.2.4.(v125.12) Epson 900 Printer. Page setup for Any Printer, US Letter Size. Start from this website:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/BreadPudding.html

If I print to the printer, or print to PDF, or Preview, I lose one line of text.

Bottom of the first page says:
    the four prepared ramekins. Divide the sauteed apple into

The missing line is:
    four equal portions and place each portion evenly over the

Top of next page says:
    layer of bread in each ramekin. Top with another layer of

Is this a problem with the OS, with Safari, with the Epson driver, or is this website somehow just a recipe for disaster (sorry).

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What you are describing is a generic problem with web pages. Most are not designed to be printed. My first recommendation is to page setup for your printer rather than "Any Printer." If this doesn't help, you may try a custom page with top and bottom margins slightly wider than your printer's default.

3. DavidCar thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never bothered looking at the Page Setup settings until I posted this message, taking it for granted that since I was using a Macintosh, everything would just work. Your suggestion of setting it for my specific printer solved the problem. thanks. DC