Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

divein195hi11ar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
OK i finally have the printer actually makeing some sort of progress.. it sends the doc to the printer but the printer just prints out a couple lines that print over itself. and then stops. I ran a test page directly off the prrinter itself and it was fine. no probllems. The printer is recogonised in the printer setup but when it prints it just gets all jarbled. Wondering if the intel imac isent compatable with the hp photosmart 7350

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Attach what you're trying to print.

That might help. Do you have the latest drivers? What app are you using? More info dude/dudette!

divein195hi11ar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
bascily I tried printing an email. then just something simple with text edit and then even tried a picture. it prints about 1/8th of the print job and prints over and over in the same spot.

I have a intel Imac with 1 gig ram.

when i first connected the printer the printer was recoginized then i thought downloada driver installed driver and it would not communicate...i deleted the driver and now i get communication between the computer and theprinter but still the above problem is where i am still at.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Kind of sounds like a driver problem. Check printer specific forums and ask there.

Also if you want, call HP. However, it may be quicker to do online research.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
According to HP's site, version 2.5.6 is the latest and it arrived in August 2005. That's seems a bit early but could support Intel-based machines. It specifically says that it supports 10.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.