Print selected text

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crazycat, Sep 25, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Something that i would often use in windows and i like was to printed a selected text. I would highlight the text and click print, i would then select "Print Seltected" and only the text i highlighted would print. Is there a way i can do this with my mac?

2. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Highlight the text and drag it to the desktop. It becomes a text clipping. Right click on it, and select Print. It will Print.

I suppose if you're on the desktop, you can highlight the text clipping file and go to Finder's File -> Print, but I just tried this and crashed the Finder! I wouldn't let me log out or select windows until I relaunched Finder.

3. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

After i drag the text to the desktop and try to print it my mac acts all weird. If i have Firefox or safari open for example i can select them. I cant select any app untill i delet the clip that i draged.

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

In Firefox (and Camino), there is already an option to print selection, but to do so in any other Cocoa app, you're going to need a third-party service such as this one: http://www.osiris.laya.com/

That likely won't apply for Carbon apps, though, unless they take advantage of the Services menu.

5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Yay! We discovered a bug. The same thing happened to me. :(

6. crazycat thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

Can we name it? How about we call it Bill?